Chapter VII.

Adrion's POV

Slamming the door to my office I settled into my chair and could feel myself vibrating with anger. I nor my wolf could believe that we had rogue wolves on our property and no one had noticed.  especially me of all people. My mind was swirling with questions that I didn't have any of the answers to, but I was going to find out. Why were they here? How many of them were on my land? Then the most important of them obviously being where the hell were they located. I rubbed my eyes and let out a long sigh thinking ahead to all  of the late nights I was going to have to put in. We would have to double up on security for a while and build a search team to investigate these rogue wolves. I walked over to the bookshelf and pulled out an old family scrape book, I found myself thinking back to when things were easier when I was a kid. Sometimes being an Alpha truly sucked but I wouldn't give up my position for anything in the world because my pack meant everything to me. 

I placed the scrape book down on my desk and aimlessly flipped through the highly detailed and decorated pages of my childhood. I landed on one that had captured my brother Tyrene and I wearing TMNT costumes for his sixth birthday party, chuckling because I distinctly remembered being the one to smash his face into the cake that year. I was lost in the memory when I heard tiny feet shuffling towards me. Although, I knew it was Jemilla because they always sent her in to check on me whenever I was angry I still pretended as if I didn't know she was there. It was a great desire of hers to try and scare me but she always ended up failing because of my heightened senses. 

When she was close enough to jump on me I caught her mid-air much to her delight until she realized she had failed again. 

"I'm gonna scare you one day, you know." she let out a growl that sounded more like a purr. Everyone knew how much I loved my little sister and that I would do anything to protect her. I was beyond excited when my parents told us about her. It wasn't unusual for werewolves to have large age gaps between their kids because we lived for such a long time. 

"I'm sure you will you just have to keep practicing. Now, what are you still doing up at this hour, you need to get some rest. "I flipped her over my shoulders and settled back into my desk chair. I watched as she grabbed some crayons and coloring books from the bookshelf and made herself comfortable at the meeting table across from my desk. 

"I'm a werewolf silly I'm always up this late especially on full moons. I don't know why you're so upset but I hope you feel better. If there's something wrong then I know my big brother will solve it for sure." she let me know this and went back to her masterpiece. Her tongue slightly sticking out as she focused on her drawing. I felt someone about to knock on the door and let them know they could enter. 

" 'Sup big bro. I don't want to put pressure on you but like everyone is downstairs waiting for you and they want to know how you plan on handling this situation." Tyrene flopped his body into the couch across from Mila. Tyrene was the most nonchalant person that I've ever meet. I don't know how he manages to never get upset by anything. Honestly it was kind of annoying how go with the "flow" he was.

"You can tell them to come up here so we can discuss our next plan of action. Mila you need to bring your stuff to your room we'll be using this room to discuss this." I grabbed our planning binders  and spread them out for everyone. A few minutes after Ty left I  heard them start to clamor up the stairs and cursed under my breath.  Why did this have to happen when we were trying to build alliances with the European packs. 

"Thank you everyone for your patience. I'd like for you to take a seat and then we can discuss my plan of action." I walked to my seat at the head of the table. I waited until I had everyone's attention on me to begin discussing  the procedures we'd be taking until we got a hold on this rogue situation.