Chapter XII

"Okay, guys you can bring the bags into the kitchen I'm going to walk the Luna up to her sister's room."Alaina seemed to have made it her mission to look after me. I figured this was probably another condition from Adrion that she had to agree with so I decided not to pressure her again.

We walked in awkward silence back to the room where Jelani was resting. While we walked through the mansion I took in the grandeur of the house. You know it wasn't such a bad house when I wasn't being pulled by the arm around it. The decoration was sleek and modern yet it still had a few touches here and there from whoever decorated it that made it feel like a home. The stairs were right in the middle of everything and they seemed to demand one's attention. It was the home of someone who came from money and had power.

 The stairs reminded me of the one's from my own pack house. The stairs were always my favorite part as it seemed to bring everything all together. I remember standing at the top and imagining that I was some kind of Disney Princess-the fiercest one of them all of course- and watch over my pack. If you saw this place without knowing who the owner was you'd think it was just another regular house but unfortunately, for me this was Alpha Adrion's home and it was the last place I wanted to be.

"So... are you going to tell me anything about yourself or keep up this mysterious facade? Oh, I know how about this I'll let you know something about me and you'll tell me something about yourself. It could be a fun sharing experience." Alaina tried to break the tension between us but I wasn't in the mood.

"Umm, No thanks. I'd rather not." I pushed past her on the last stair and went ahead to Jelani's room. I wondered what karmic thing I'd done in another life to deserve winding up here and having to figure out a way to escape. I was exhausted even thinking about it so I tried to focus on literally anything else.

I heard Alaina awkwardly say that she'd forgotten that she needed to speak with a friend of hers anyways before she rushed back down the stairs. I hated to be curt with her but it was what needed to be done. I couldn't be weighed down with personal feelings when it was time to leave. I stepped into Jelani's room and saw her stirring in the bed.

"No. No. No. They can't catch us.  Calia, can you hear me?" Jelani was screaming out my name when I walked into the room. She was a sweaty mess and her eyebrows were stitched together tightly. She was having some sort of nightmare I'm assuming from the crash.

"Shit! I have to wake her up."She said my name out loud. I had to wake her up before anyone heard her and figured out who we were. I looked at her tear stricken face and before I pulled myself together.

"JJ, Sweetie you have to wake up. It's okay I'm here. I've got you and I'm not going anywhere." I touched her face gently and whispered for her to calm down. I climbed into the bed cradling her gently like our mother had done to us whenever we had a bad dream.

"What's going on? What's happened?" turning to face me she gave me a look filled with confusion which I barely registered before I started squeezing her tight to me.

It took a couple of moments but then she squeezed back and hugged me tightly too. "JJ, I'm so happy you're awake. I've missed you and there's so much I need to tell you. I will say that you kind of got what you wanted." I chewed on my bottom lip still deciding on whether or not I wanted to tell her about Adrion. I mean how would she react to her sister being allegedly mated to the most feared Alpha in North America. 

"What do you mean? And where are we?" she said not letting up on the questions.

"Shh, we have to be quiet and then I'll tell you everything" I mind-linked her.

I filled her in on all the details, everything from the car crash to the shopping trip with Alaina and skipping the part where Adrion and I were mates. I looked into her eyes  that were currently a swirling storm of emotions. I guess I hadn't registered for myself just how much time had actually passed until this moment. I couldn't believe I had been in a coma for weeks and life had continued to go on. It felt weird just thinking about it.