(09)

The port was mostly empty when he got down there (after all he had just spent a good amount of time searching the house for Kelsie.) There were hardly any traders around all the possible buyers looked disinterested in the wares that were trying to be sold. Market hours must be almost up.

Will had been trying in vain to get anybody's attention for several minutes and had been bumped into by a number of people moving away from the stalls at the waters edge.

He was almost at the fruit seller's stall (which hadn't been packed up yet; despite the mass exodus of customers) when she raised her head and, seemingly, looked right at him. Intrigued, Will walked up to her.

'I need to see your eyes.' she said. Will leaned forward, and she placed both of her hands on his cheeks.

Will noticed that her hands were surprisingly soft, particularly for a woman who has lived her entire life (presumably) by the sea. Then a trance seemed to come over her and her voice became deeper and more ominous.

'Your eyes are sad. You need to find what your heart seeks; only then will you be at peace. Go to the sea and find what you need, only then will you heal.' she intoned, dropping her hands from his face.

Unfortunately her hands must've been to close to the apples that were resting on the edge of the wooden table, as her arm knocked them off. They fell to the ground and began to roll towards the sea. So, Will decided that he'd better go get them and return them to the old woman.

Thankfully that process didn't take long. When all three of them were in his arms Will turned and looked back at the woman's stall. Only to see that it wasn't there, leaving behind an empty dock and a view of the sea (and a few abandoned row-boats.)

Her words echoed in his head, and he knew what he had to do.

++

Belle Speaks: This chapter was initially published on the 7th of August 2018, edited initially on the 7th of October 2020, and edited/re-written again on the 11th of October 2021. I hope you enjoyed it!

 I hope you enjoyed it!

Tangled Waves (Pirates of the Caribbean) ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara