3 ~ Slap!

: Ellie :

                      It was early in the morning as I cleaned the second floor of the giant mansion the Carlye's call a home. Daniel had let me in about 3 hours ago, and I had finished the first floor. I wore a simpler dress, my third one which was my lowest in quality. I quickly finished the small bathroom and closed the door, ready for the next. I knocked on the door and a loud voice boomed from inside, "Come in." I walked in with my tools to find a man who looked about 2 years older than Anne and even more years older than me. He was quite dashing might I add. "Oh. You must be,"  He gulped and paused for a bit, looking down. "Ellie Wheeler." He finished giving me a small smile. I smiled back and nodded. "Why are you cleaning the house? A job?" He said the last part a bit rudely, but I managed to ignore it.
                                                     "No. Daniel Carlye has been so kind to me. Giving me a cent to pay for food, buying me a beautiful dress, helping me and saving me from such rude people. I had to repay him." The man looked taken aback. "Oh I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Phillip Carlye, Daniel's older brother." Phillip stated. I smiled at him and began to clean the room. Hm. Who would have figured that Daniel has a brother?

: Daniel :

                           "Thank you so much Ellie. See you tomorrow." Ellie waved bye and walked away as I closed the door. "Come with me." Phillip muttered, grabbing my wrist and dragging me upstairs. He led me into his room and threw me on the bed, closing the door behind him. "I told you to never talk to that wretched family again!" Phillip yelled in my face. "What's wrong with a bit of hospitality?" I asked carelessly. "Hah!" Phillip fake-laughed. "You have done to much for her! Now the lowly think we will just give out money for free!" He yelled at me fiercely. Now I was scared. Phillip never acted this way. "Phillip calm down. She's only going to clean for a month-" Phillip scoffed.
                                                   "A month?" I began to fall back on the bed, Phillip getting closer and closer. "You idiot! You shouldn't even be in a family like ours if you are going to be around the lows! You should have never been a Carlye!" Phillip yelled. By now tears were streaming down my cheeks. "Don't cry! Real men don't cry!" Phillip yelled, slapping me at the end. I held my cheek as pain spread through my body. My cheek became red as Phillip put his hand to his mouth. "Daniel I am so sorry." He began. I got up from the bed and Phillip tried coming after me. "Get away from me." I pushed him away and left the room.

: Ellie :

                  I had said goodbye to Phillip and left the house. As I began to walk down the street, I remember that I forgot my lunch bin. I needed any leftovers for dinner. As I walked back, the door was slightly open so I decided to just go in and get my bin. I got in and saw my bucket, grabbing it quickly. "I told you never told talk to that wretched family again!" Someone yelled loudly. Woah. Ok. I can leave, or I can see what's going on. See what's going on duh. So I placed my bucket down slowly and walked up the shiny stairs. "What's wrong with a bit of hospitality?" Daniel's muffled voice came from Phillips room.
                                  "Hah!" Who I'm assuming was Phillip said. They continued to yell at each other, tears streamed down my face. Phillip was telling Daniel to stay away from me because I was a 'Lowly'. "You idiot! You shouldn't even be in a family like ours if you are going to be around the lows! You should have never been a Carlye!" Phillip yelled at Daniel. I could hear sniffs, obviously coming from Daniel. "Don't cry! Real men don't cry!" Phillip yelled. Then, I could hear a loud slap. I continued to cry. "Daniel I am so sorry." Phillip began after a long pause. "Get away from me." I heard Daniel mutter. Then, the door opened.
                           Daniel stumbled out and Phillip followed him. "Ellie?" Phillip asked perplexed. "Y-you monster." I stepped back. "You slapped Daniel. I heard it!" I yelled. Daniel stood next to Phillip. "Just go Ellie. I'll see you tomorrow." Daniel told me. I opened my mouth to say something but Daniel just shook his head and hugged Phillip.

~

It had been 3 days now since my first day doing the Carlye's house work and it was my first day with their parents being home. Daniel told me that he forgave Phillip, and Phillip said sorry. I walked in and walked over to the cleaning supplies waiting for me. "Ellie!" Daniel yelled form atop the stairs. I smiled at him until a lady yelled, "Daniel! Who are you yelling at and who is Ellie?!" An elderly woman's voice sounded. Daniel went pale as the woman came in. I smiled and waved quietly and she want pale. "What. Is. A. Wheeler. Doing in my house?!" The lady screamed. Daniel rushed down the stairs and a man came from the same place the lady did.
"Daniel......what is a Wheeler doing in my home?" The father asked demanding to know why I was here. Phillip came running down the stairs and stood behind Daniel. "I'm going to say it only once. Why is there a Wheeler here?" The man asked, stepping closer to Daniel. Phillip walked in front of him slowly, protecting him. "Phillip move." The man ordered. "No father." The father seemed to be getting mad. He quickly grabbed Phillip and pushed him the side of the room, his back hitting the wall. "Phillip!" I yelled. "Shut up." The father told me. By now, the woman was gone to who knows where. "Father stop. She has done nothing wrong." Daniel began to explain. The father turned to look at me. "Get out. Never come back." And that's when I ran and ran and ran.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Ooooooo lots of fighting in this one. What's gonna happen?

~ Maya🐽