• Daniel, Please •

• Ellie •

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. Tears sprung into my eyes, the sting was horrible, so I attempted to keep them in. I sat on the chair, and immediately grabbed Daniel's hand. Daniel's hand was covered in bruises, as well as his whole head and face.

"Daniel, please. You're going to be ok, right? Please tell me your going to be ok. Oh my gosh." I mumbled. I squeezed his hand tighter, but let go immediately after because he flinched. "Oh my gosh, Daniel. I'm so, so sorry. This is all my fault." I muttered. "It's my fault. It's my fault I bumped into that man and you just happened to be walking by. Why though? Why were you so nice? So nice to give me money? Buy me a dress? Save me from a boy? Paying me homage? Getting us to England? Jenny Lind? The fire? Daniel, that was so stupid.

"I don't want you to go because of me. You deserve to live a happy life. You don't deserve to die, Daniel. I-I love you too much to let that happen. Too, too much." I sobbed silently to myself, and I buried my face in my hands. "All my fault. All my fault." I repeated. "Yes. All your fault that my son is dying."

I looked up to be faced with Mr. and Mrs. Carlye. "You ignorant child! My son is dying!" Mrs. Carlye exclaimed. She looked down at Daniel and began to cry. "At least I'm here! Where have you been the past three hours?!" I yelled. "Daniel is dying because of me! At least I've come to pay my respects."

"We don't want you here!" Mr. Carlye shouted. "You're a slut, young woman. And my son will not be pulled in by your tight circus outfit so you can do it with him. Plus, I'm sure Daniel wouldn't want you here anyway." Mrs. Carlye whispered.

My jaw dropped open, and tears continued to stream out. "Go away." I mumbled. "What?" Mr. Carlye asked, clearly offended. "I said. Go. Away." Mr. and Mrs. Carlye took a step back, looking surprised. "Excuse me?" Mrs. Carlye sounded offended, but I didn't care anymore.

"GO AWAY!" The whole room turned towards me, but I didn't care. I wanted Daniel's parents gone. Away. Mrs. Carlye scowled, but eventually gripped onto Mr. Carlye's arm and the two stalked towards the door and out of the hospital.

I sat down once more, and I picked up Daniel's bruised hand. "Please...please. You can't go like this. It's not right." I cried. "This isn't fair. You can't do this to me. Not now. Not when we finally began loving each other. When we finally confessed our," I whispered. "You can't go...no." I repeated.

Everyone in the hospital room was gone now, and the only people in here was me, the patients, a nurse, and Daniel. I hadn't slept for since the fire, which means it's been about fourteen hours. The doors flung open, and when I turned to see who it was I noticed it was Anne. "Hi." I frowned. "Ellie, WD is here for us. Ready to head home?" She asked, a weak smile plastered on her face. "No. Go on without me. I'll stay here."

"Ellie..." Anne scolded. "Please, Anne. I can't leave now." I whined. "Ellie...Daniel wouldn't want you to stay up all night." She exclaimed. "Please?" She sighed, and turned to Daniel. "Fine. I'll be back tomorrow to see Phillip, ok?" I nodded and hugged Anne goodbye. Anne took one last glance at Daniel's dying body, blew a kiss, then exited the room.

A few hours had passed, and I was beginning to grow tired. I can't fall asleep. Not now. Not while Daniel isn't being watched.

But I can't help it.

I gently pushed Daniel's body a little more towards the edge of the left side of the bed before crawling in with him. "Goodnight Daniel. Get well soon." I whispered. Little did I know, Daniel's burned and bruised hand slumped over my waist when I fell asleep.

i know that it's short as well but did y'all like this chapter?

i love it. :)

-maya💕