Chapter Eight

A/N: For copyright info, please see chapter one. There is not a whole lot going on this chapter, sorry. It’s really short and I apologize. If anyone is wondering about a possible
re-sorting for Harry: it’s sorta answered in this chapter. More like hinted at. Draco is emotional. May be triggers for some people, sorry. Please read and review. Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry finds me later in the astronomy tower. I’ve been sitting here for hours. I just had to get away. I can’t let anyone find out.

“Draco, what happened?” He sits down and pulls me closer to him.

“Please... Harry... just dont leave me,” I whimper. “I don’t want to be alone anymore.” I begin to
cry. Damn it.

“Shh. It’s gonna be okay. I’m right here. I’m not leaving. Shh, shh.” Harry kisses my forehead and cards his fingers through my hair.

Eventually the tears stop and I let him continue to hold me.

“We can’t stay up here forever,” he says after a while, breaking the silence.

“I know. Can’t help but hope.” I turn and pout.

“That Hufflepuff you were talking to, Cedric, told me that you ran off. Fred and George told me that I could find you up here,” Harry speaks softly.

“Oh, right, that,” I mutter.

“Draco, if you still don’t want to talk, that’s fine, but we do need to be going to our common
rooms.”

“We should just go to my dorm. Yours is farther. Besides if they do a re-sort before the end of
the year, you’ll have to know where Slytherin House is.”

“Ok, I suppose you’re right. Up then,” he stands, extending his hand to help me onto my feet. I
accept.

“Harry?” I say as we leave the astronomy tower.

“Yes, Draco?”

I hesitate. “Maybe I’ll tell you someday. I’m just not ready to yet.”

“That’s ok.”

I look at him, “You sure?”

“Of course, because someday I’ll have to tell you about living with my muggle relatives."

“Yeah, ok.”

We reach the Slytherin common room entrance. I place my hand on the wall, “Parseltongue.”

“This way.” I head to the left. I lead him through the door going to the first year dorms.

“This one is mine,” I tell him pointing to the closest bed on the right.

“So...how are we gonna sleep?” Harry looks nervous. I don’t blame him.

“We’ll both sleep in the bed. If it make you feel better, then I can put pillows between us.” I blush
and I think he does, too.

“Maybe just for tonight,” he finally says. “At least we don’t have classes tomorrow.”

Silencio, Prallus.”​ I put up a silencing charm and a spell to keep the curtains closed until I
open them.

“Night Harry.” I crawl into the bed and put up the pillows.

“Night Draco.” He climbs in, pulling the curtains completely shut.