Chapter 2

Joel's POV

The first time my parents told me we were moving, I had thought it was a joke and I didn't even expect that we would be moving to another state.

I loved Abuja. I had made so many friends here and my perfect school record didn't waiver. Why the hell did we have to move?

We got to Lagos a week before my new school was to resume and I had everything ready. I aced the online entrance exam and Dad got all the necessary things I would be needing for school. Mum had offered that I stayed in the boarding house so there won't be any distractions, but I was able to talk her out of it.

I sighed and got up from the bed to get ready for school. By 6:45am, I was already dressed in my new uniform. The uniform was way better than that of my former school, which was too formal for my liking; No skinny trousers or skirt, black Italian shoes for the guys and black flats for the girls and also, wearing of the blazer was compulsory.

"Good morning Mum, Morning Dad." I greeted both of them with a kiss on the cheek.

"What have I told you about greeting your elders?" My Dad, Anthony Bamidele, scowled at me.

I chuckled. "I'm sorry." I said before prostrating like I had been taught, "E ka a ro Sa. (Good Morning Sir)" I smiled at him and they laughed.

"You are way better than before, good job." He said and gave me a fist bump.

I sat at the table to eat my breakfast of toast and scrambled eggs, "It's not like I have a choice, do I?" I said as my mum served me.

"You are way better than your mum, it took her a long while before she could learn Yoruba." Dad said, teasing Mum.

My Mum, Rachel, nudged him in the side, "Tony."

"Come on, love. You know I was only joking." Dad said before pecking her cheek.

"You had better be." She answered.

My dad used to be an accountant in England before we relocated back to Nigeria so he could start his own company while my mum used to be a doctor at the teaching hospital back in Abuja.

I loved watching my parents show their affection for each other without caring what people would think. Mum had told me the story of how they met in high school back in England so many times that I could recite it in my sleep.

"Alright, Joel. We should be on our way, you don't want to be late on your first day." Dad said, picking up his briefcase and grey suit. I took the brief case from him.

I hugged my mum goodbye. "Be good okay?" She kissed my forehead.

"Trust me, Mum." I smiled at her and made my way to the car. Dad joined me soon after and the driver drove us to my new school.

☆☆☆☆

As I got down from the car I noticed a black car driving in.

I waved to my dad when I heard the bell indicating the time for assembly and I started to walk down to the hall when I saw a girl get down from the black car.

Beautiful! That was the first thought that came to mind and it surprised me. Sneaking a better look at her, her dark complexion appealed to me. Her uniform fitted perfectly, highlighting her curves and edges in the right places.

Looking at her made me think of my ex-girlfriend, Tiana Dakoba. I shook my head, it was still a surprise to me that my girlfriend of six months had been cheating on me with my best friend. With a sigh, I threw the thought out the window.