7.

——

——

Being together became more of a daily routine. If Yoona and Jisung were not together, people would ask them about each other. In a short amount of time, they became best friends. Yoona's managers were used to having Jisung around, and the boys were used to having Yoona around. They would have a friendly conversation every now and then to get to know her, and with the help of Jisung, she would converse back.

Today was a different day, Yoona's mother was back in town. She was afraid of her mom knowing about Jisung. So during the time, her mom was around the building, Yoona was just anxious.

On the other hand, Jisung did not know Yoona's mom was back. In fact, he knew nothing about her family so he felt a large barrier between them again. Though he knew her so well, she also felt like a stranger to him.

"Yoona noona!" Jisung yelled as soon as he saw the girl leaving the dance room. He sped walked all the way to her. However, Yoona quickly turned the other direction walking away from him.

During Dream's break time, Jisung saw Yoona once again in the break hall sitting alone on her phone. But as soon as Yoona noticed Jisung's presence, she quickly walked away.

In the afternoon when it was time for Jisung to go home, he wanted to say goodbye to Yoona because they have not spoken all day. But he was hesitant because he did not know what he did for her to ignore him. He thought they were together too much, and Yoona got tired of it. Or maybe, it was something he had said that made her upset.

He felt sad about that, so the least he can do is say his farewell before leaving. Jisung also knew he could call her later before he goes to sleep. But her avoiding him confused him a lot. Though he had those thoughts, he gained the courage to say something to her as soon as he saw her leave the recording room.

"Bye noona," he called out, hoping she would say something back. Startled, Yoona just waved back. But she made a face where she wanted Jisung to leave. He noticed her look and left.

"Maybe she was on her period?" he thought.

Her behavior today really made Jisung upset.

——

Meanwhile, Yoona felt guilty doing this, but she could not let her mom say anything to or about him. Yoona thought it was best for the both of them to keep a distance while her mom was here.

As Yoona turned into the hallway, she saw her mom speaking to her manager.

"Yeah, Yoona's been speaking more to us. It's enjoyable, actually I love hearing her talk," her manager spoke.

"But remember. She can't even speak to anyone. Not even her fans, it's pathetic. Don't let her talk to anyone besides you and the assistant," her mom laughed.

"Eomma, you can't restrain me from those things!" Yoona interrupted. "I'm seventeen years old!"

Both her manager and mom whipped their heads to face her direction. Hearing this did not make her happy, so she had to say something about it. She felt guilty for not telling her mom about befriending a boy, but she also wanted to continue to hide it so her mom would not be stressed.

"Yoona, you know what your appa did to us. He only supported your career for the money, now what? He gave us a bad reputation, now everyone knows you're a brat who still loves him," her mother scolded.

"But that's appa! Not everyone is like him!"

"What do you know? You're too young to know about the real world!"

"You still can't tell me who I can't or can talk to, eomma... I have to speak to a lot of people! It will help my social skills and my career!" Yoona yelled back.

"Why do you think some of my fans don't really like me as much after the scandal with appa? It's because you made me so scared to talk to new people and you made speak harsh to people! Especially to those who I love! But after you've been gone for a year, I've decided that talking to new people only made me happier!"

Her mother was shocked to even hear Yoona defending herself. She looked at her with disgust, wondering why her daughter changed so much. Yoona was so easy to control, but her daughter is actually speaking up for herself.

"I'm leaving again, you brat," her mother spat. "You even tossed out the bracelet you gave me. Pathetic."

Her mom walked away in anger, leaving Yoona and her manager behind. She was used to her mom yelling at her about this often, but this was the first time Yoona's ever said something back.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, manager-nim," Yoona apologized. But instead, her manager hugged Yoona knowing how hard it was to hear the degrading comments from her own mother.

"If you were my daughter, Yoona, I would be lucky," she smiled hoping her comment would cheer the girl up.

From the hall, Yoona and her manager heard a sneeze. Yoona probably thought it was her mom, but when she looked, it was the back of a tall, blonde boy, Jisung.