10.

——

——

"I miss you," Jisung admitted rather than apologizing.

Hearing those words made Yoona tear up. She was overwhelmed, relieved, and shocked. Overwhelmed because Jisung took so long to show up. Relieved because she ended up seeing him and he did not bail on her. And finally, she was shocked to hear that everything he rehearsed turned into an "I miss you."

"Noona, wait are you crying? I'm sorry I didn't mean to." Jisung spoke in a concerned tone. She shook her head and blinked her tears away, and smiled wide at him.

"I... I missed you too, Jisung," she replied to the boy. He grinned and pulled her into a tight hug. Yoona was surprised by his action that she froze for a minute. Even though Yoona and Jisung are "best friends," they have never hugged before. They both just stood next to one another. So Jisung's sudden hug shocked Yoona.

Putting her hands on Jisung's back, the two embraced for a long time. Both of their were hearts racing fast and beating loud, and none of them wanted to let go of one another. Yoona's anger towards him faded within the hug.

On the other hand, Jisung's confusion grew stronger. He kept thinking about his conversation with Donghyuck, and it worried him even more.

He did not know why his heart raced this fast when he hugged her. Whenever he would hug Chenle, his heart did not beat fast.

He also did not know why he did not want to let go of the girl. Whenever Renjun tackle hugs him, he quickly tries to get Renjun off of him.

But it was Yoona. His new friend. His best friend. Yet, his heart was beating like a drum because of her. There was another thing that he had to tell Yoona, but he had no time to rehearse it.

Letting go, Jisung looked at Yoona and hesitated. He knew he had to tell her how he felt, but he did not know if it was right.

"Noona, I... I missed your smile and your laugh." He felt his cheeks heat up as he continued speaking.

"I missed your..... Uh..... The way you... No...." he stuttered. Yoona giggles at the way he was getting flustered. "I missed how you'd blush when I tease you. And..... I missed—"

"I missed you too, Jisung," she chuckled.

——

A few days later, everything was back to normal. Well, Jisung continued to accompany Yoona with everything. They laughed and joked like before, yet Jisung made the vibe feel different.

All he could ever think about was that scene they made on the staircase. Every time he remembered what happened, he found himself smiling. He even felt his cheeks heating up.

"Jisung, what are you smiling at?" Chenle teased. "Am I really that cute?"

Once Jisung realized what he was doing, he shook his head trying to snap back to reality.

"I'm thinking about my dog back at home," Jisung lied obviously.

"Jisung, you told me that you don't have a dog."

"Oh, well my neighbors had a dog and I called it my own."

"Okay..." Chenle chuckled, knowing that Jisung has been cuter lately.

Jisung however, he felt stupid for letting his guard down around his friends. Everyone knew he has been off after that incident lately, so he's been an easy target to tease.

"Jisung-ah, I know you and Yoona made up and that's why you've been cuter lately," Chenle added.

"No!" Jisung said defensively.

"Do you like her?"

Jisung's eyes widened, surprised at what Chenle said to him. He felt his face heat up, so he covered his cheeks with his big hands so Chenle would not notice. Chenle did realize that Jisung was blushing, so he died from laughter.

"You like her huh! Jisung has a crush!" Chenle cackled loudly. Because of his laughter, Renjun and Jeno walked in the room confused. "Renjun, Jeno hyung! Jisung has a crush!"

"No, I don't!" Jisung yelled, covering his face from them. "She's just my friend!"

They all laughed at the flustered boy.

"Okay, if you don't like her, then can I date her?" Jeno spoke.