Chapter 3

The guard closes the door behind me, leaving me alone in the dark foyer of the suite. Flashbacks of my dream immediately fill my head. I back up against the door and concentrate on slowing my pulse and my racing thoughts.

After a few moments, I’m back to normal. I hesitantly step forward, approaching the archway to a sitting room. The temperature in the room is noticeably warmer.

I compose myself and call out, “Hello?”

No one answers.

The room is fancy, yet sophisticated and minimal. Nearly the entire length of the right wall is taken up by a sleek console table with a marble top. A large flat screen hangs on the wall above it, and a tray filled with snacks sits on the end nearest to me. A tan sofa and matching chairs line the opposite wall of the room. Gorgeous floor-to-ceiling windows provide a breathtaking view of the sparkling city outside.

To my right is a small, round dining table with 2 chairs. Just beyond the table is a large, wide door. It’s cracked open slightly, letting a soft beam of light lead right up to my feet.

“Hello?” I call out again.

Still no response.

My legs take me to the door and I place my hand on it, pushing it open more. More light encompasses me as I stand in the doorway of the dimly lit bedroom. I can see more city lights through the windows as I continue pushing the door open. My eyes fall to a small seating area…….then a nightstand with the source of the light…….a huge dishevelled bed…….and finally to someone laying shirtless on the bed, staring up at a phone held above their face. The sight catches me by surprise and I take a step back out. My legs fail me and I fall to the floor, landing hard with a loud thump.

“Oww...” I rub my butt and glance back up to see shirtless Jimin jumping off of the bed. He throws his phone and connected earphones down and rushes over to me. He crouches down with a genuine look of concern on his face.

“Are you okay?” His hand reaches out in front of me. I stare at it.

Am I okay?

No.

I’m not okay.

My eyes follow his hand up his arm and down his naked torso. His sweatpants sit low on his hips, providing a unobscured view of the deep ‘V’ leading below. My core clenches at the sight of it.

He reaches down and grabs my hand to pull me up.

I guess I was staring at his abs for too long.

My wobbly legs barely hold me upright when I’m fully up off the floor. “I-I’m okay..” I lie, trying to avoid eye contact.

His hand lifts and two fingers press under my chin to lift my face. My eyes flicker up to his and my lips gape open. His gaze is intense.

A smile creeps onto his face slowly. “Don’t be afraid. It’s okay to look at me.”

“Sorry.” I say flashing a soft smile, resisting the urge to break eye contact.

“Sorry that I didn’t hear you enter.” he mewled. His soft fingers drop from my chin and gesture towards the bed. “Do you want to sit?”

I peer at the king sized, half made bed and ponder all of the things that could happen on a bed of that size. My eyes widen slightly, “Yeah, thanks.” I walk over to it and sit down gently, despite the alarms going off in my head.

Fuck you brain.

If something is gonna happen on this bed…..I’m going to let it. I’ve never had a one night stand and I’ve always said that I never would but, who am I to deny Park Jimin?