chit-chats

glass joe

Glass Joe just got out of the hospital, and he insisted on inviting you for lunch at a French restaurant that just opened near the mall.

You agreed and met up with him in front of the door of the establishment.
So here you were, in a nice, flowy dress that was just barely covering your knees.

You heard someone approaching you, and you looked up, smiling at him.
He returned the smile and greeted you.

"So, how are you feeling, Joe?" you asked, worried that he might have got some side effects from his medications or he just felt bad.

He smiled it off and told you that there was nothing that was concerning.

You ordered your favorites and talked over a cup of coffee, which made him look even more alive than when he was talking in French.

"So, how come you know French, if you don't mind me asking." he said, his head in his hand, like he was a child, about to listen to his favorite fairy tale.

"Well, I studied the language in high school, but the teacher had to go to her home country, due to her mother was dying." you said, a tear threatening to start it's journey out from your eye to your cheek.

"Oh." he said. "So this is why you know only that much."

You nodded, not sure if you could trust your voice right now.

He quickly changed your mood, when he offered to tutor you in French.

You happily accepted his offer, and started your meals, in a comfortable silence.
Though there were a few jokes and basic facts about each other, sprinkled in with some professional stuff.

"So, you are a boxer. What made you join the ring?" you asked, sipping on a glass of sparkling water.

"I wanted to proove someone I was worth more." he replied, his gaze falling onto the ground.

You didn't want to bother him, so you continued your meals, and changed topics.

After you were done, he offered to drive you home, which you accepted, oddly enough. Usually, when a random stranger, who you didn't really know anything of, offered you that, you slapped the person across the face and would have walked away. But since he looked like he wanted a friend, and he seemed to be in need of one, you agreed to become his friend!

So now, you were getting home in a rather fancy and expensive looking car, driven by Joe.

You smiled and thanked him when he dropped you off, and he smiled back, waving you goodbye, before speeding off.

von kaiser

You threw your punches at Kaiser, trying your very best to prove to him that you did do some weightlifting. But he seemed to be unimpressed by your attacks, and stopped you by yelling something in German.

"Stop, stop, stop, (Y/N). Is everything okay?" he asked, surprisingly worried of what will your answer be.

You nodded, and put your hands on your knees, trying to catch your breath.

"Okay everyone, that was enough for today. Go home." he said, and as you were about to leave with the others, he stopped you by putting his hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/N). I need to talk to you." he said in a really calm voice, which you thought that that meant that he's about to explode into a shouting mess. But he didn't.

You two agreed on meeting up in the restaurant right next to the gym 30 minutes later.

You two sat down, and ordered some healthy, but fulfilling meals, with some water.