Chapter 11 - Restoration

"I'm sorry," Percy said, looking downright murderous as he glared at Kronos. His fingers twitched like he wanted to strangle the King. "You did what?"

"It was just a little fire-" Hyperion started.

Percy twisted to face the Lord of Light. "I didn't ask you," he snapped. Turn back to Kronos, he growled angrily. "Yellowstone is – was – a National Park, you idiot!"

Kronos winced slightly at his fury. "There were more important things at the time-"

"I don't care." Percy glared at Kronos. "You're going to fix it," he told Kronos.

The King huffed. "That's not exactly first on my to-do list, Percy. I've got something more important to do first."

Percy's green gaze darkened. "What is more important than a National Park?"

"Your cousin," Kronos dryly informed Percy.

Percy spluttered. "Who? Thalia-"

"Wrong brother."

"Hazel? Nico – where's Nico?" Percy growled lowly.

Kronos rolled his eyes at Percy. "Alive," he said flatly. He started in the direction of the cell-block which Percy knew intimately well. Percy instantly started after him – this new Kronos he didn't trust around his cousin. Kronos didn't say anything, only turned his head slightly towards Percy. But when Percy tried to follow him further than the first doors, Kronos put an arm across his chest. "I want to speak with him alone." He quietly observed Percy for several long moments. "Find Iapetus and ask him about the Prophecy."

"What Prophecy?"

"One that's a pain for me. I thought I had it figured out, but... apparently I was wrong."

Percy's jaw tightened and he peered past Kronos, deeper into the cells. "And you'll come straight back to me?"

Kronos smiled, surprisingly soft as he pressed his forehead against Percy's. "Don't I always?"

The young Titan shut his eyes. "Yeah," he murmured. Percy pulled back slightly. "I love you."

The King's mouth opened slightly, then closed. He turned his head to the side. "I know," he whispered fervently, unable to hold Percy's gaze. He glanced back at Percy before continuing on, shutting the doors behind him.

Percy ground his teeth and spun around. He'd find out about the Prophecy quickly, then return. As if knowing that Percy was going to be returning, Iapetus was waiting for him back on the ground floor. The former demigod scowled. "Has he been like this the whole time I've been gone?"

"Insufferable?" Iapetus questioned. "Yes." He stepped towards Percy and swiftly enclosed him in a fierce hug. "It's good to see you again, Percy. How was Tartarus?"

Percy pressed his lips together. "Yeah," he said carefully, "that's the thing. Tartarus let us go. He was furious with Kronos, but he just let us go. No monster held the button for us, no one needed to. The elevator just rose. I don't get it – why would Tartarus help us to escape him."

"Tartarus would only help you if he got something out of it," Iapetus said firmly.

"I know. That's what I'm afraid of," Percy murmured. He shook his head. "But I'll figure it out. What's the Prophecy?"

"When the hunters become the prey,
and when the gods hold no sway.
Where monsters roam and Ancient Heroes subside,
the entrance to Hades the Doors abide.
But the Angel shall lead the way,
To the sea's castaway.
And when the fatal war renews,
Time, the Storm shall heal or lose."