III

knock, knock.

the door swings open to reveal tj, a sheepish smile plastered on his face.

"hey."

"oh!... hi?" victoria asks, wondering how he even knew where she lived.

tj tucks his hands into his pockets.

"i wanted to reintroduce myself," he begins, "but like, in a less weird type of way."

a smile grows on victoria's face as she raises her eyebrows, "how did you even know what room i was in?" she asked.

"i didn't. i've had some pretty awkward encounters in the last fifteen minutes." he pauses, "that makes me sound like a stalker, wow..."

cutting in with a giggle, victoria says, "no, not at all, no worries." she steps to the side, motioning him inside.

tj steps in, admiring the layout, which is far nicer than his.

"your place is really nice," he says. "mine looks like a shack compared to this."

victoria leads him into the kitchen area, "thanks. my roommate and i just moved in, so it's not quite done yet. she's asleep right now."

"my place is completely done and looks half as good as this."

victoria smiles again, "becca has very specific aesthetic requirements."

tj continues looking around, a slightly awkward silence hanging between them.

"so..." victoria begins, "you wanted to reintroduce yourself?"

tj looks at her, "right. i'm tj, and i live on the third floor... and i just felt like i needed to see you."

he smiles kiddishly.

victoria laughs a bit, putting her hand out. "nice to meet you, tj. i'm flattered." he shakes her hand. "what made you want to see me again?" she asks.

he considers, "something just came over me. it was just like an impulse feeling."

"well, thank you for stopping by," victoria says, "it was really nice to formally meet you."

"likewise."

victoria starts walking toward the fridge, "well," she begins, opening the door, "drink?"

"oh no, i'm fine, thank you." tj responds.

victoria makes herself a glass of tap water, then turns back to him.

"so," he begins, sitting on the couch, "you go to school here?"

"i'm starting my first year at NYU." she replies.

"oh, i go to NYU. i'm starting junior year."

she smiles, "oh, exciting! do you like it?"

"i do, yeah. i'm as broke as dirt, but i love it."

they smile at each other.

"would you wanna go out sometime?" tj asks. a cherry colored blush forms on victoria's cheeks in response. that was unexpected. and quick!

she stares at him momentarily, electricity flowing between them.

"why not?"

thank you for reading!