Heartbreak and Help

These are the heart-broken women who have suffered the consequences of abortion.  These are all from the website Live Action.

"Two weeks after the abortion, I went into labor. I staggered into the bathroom. And there, with my husband beside me, I delivered a part of my baby the doctor had missed. It was the head of my baby. . . I'll wake up in the middle of the night, thinking I hear a baby crying. And I still have nightmares in which I am forced to watch my baby being ripped apart in front of me. I simply miss my baby. I constantly wake up wanting to nurse my child, wanting to hold my child. And that's something the doctor never told me I would experience."

One day in the car, my daughter (out of nowhere) asked if someday she would be able to see her siblings in Heaven. I asked her what she meant...honestly, hoping that she was not talking about my own two abortions. She said that she knew I had two abortions and she wanted to know if she would ever get to meet those babies because she said, "in my heart, I miss them." I never knew I would pass that sort of heartbreak on to my children.

When I had my abortions, I never thought about how it would affect others. I didn't think about my future children. I never thought about how I would have to explain my selfishness to them.

My abortions live in me, and unfortunately, they live in them. "

Now that my son is 4 years old, I sometimes look at his sweet face and wonder what features my other child would have had. I still have dreams about holding him or her and it makes me so deeply sad to think that I have robbed my son of a sibling. Why not just try and conceive a sibling for him today you may ask? Well, I would love to but my husband and I have been struggling with infertility for two and half years. I never once dreamed that I wouldn't be able to conceive when I wanted to! Every night my sweet boy prays to God for a sibling and every time I hear those precious prayers my heart aches over what I did. Because in retrospect an abortion isn't an easy fix or a solution to a problem....it is the problem, and it leaves a lasting effect on generations to come.

"I killed two of my children, robbed my parents of grand-children, and murdered my son's siblings. These abortions directly caused a medical condition known as which resulted in the premature birth of another son who died after a week long struggle in the NICU in 2001. The suffering I've endured and caused others is immeasurable and the guilt almost drove me suicidal. I am a coward in every way."

"Ross likes to tell me that Annie is our son's guardian angel, but that idea scares me. Do I want my son's protector to be someone whose mother gave her up? Ended her existence prematurely? She must be so mad, disappointed and hurt. So I keep her ultrasound images, along with a Hallmark "It's a Girl!" card that my best friend sent, along with a Christmas tree ornament engraved with Annie's due date, which my parents gave me the week I found out I was pregnant, locked away in a closet far from my son's bedroom. [...] But Annie still haunts me. When her due date rolls around, or when our son has a bad cough, or with the birth of my sister's baby girl — I think of Annie. And once every year — on her birthday — I let myself cry. I think about how it would feel to hold her in my arms. And then I ask her to please understand that I did what I thought was best for my child."

"I flushed my baby in the toilet and it was horrifying. And it didn't help me to graduate. It's been nineteen years and to this day, I don't have a degree. [...] Seven years later, I got pregnant again. The father was twice my age and he was abusive. Abortion was the quick fix solution to protect myself and my baby from the abuser. So I went to a clinic and in great anxiety, I was put to sleep. When I woke up with blood on my legs, I burst into tears and I was inconsolable. I sank deeper and deeper into depression and suicidal thoughts.