VII. BURIED MEMORIES

O

nce, there was a girl who, unlike any other girls, grew up in a household where titles are more important than blood. She was shove into the harsh reality of life. She was force to carry on the burden of becoming the best. She was taught to be ignorant of things and not once did she learn the art of helping. An act of selfishness and love at the same time. She was fine by that. Blinking away sympathy and turning her head from the cries and pleas of people. Because she believes that if there are people who are always there to help, then the society will depend on those people every time. She believes that ignoring is the best thing and that everyone should mind their own business. She never really understood the people's desire to pry on things. Perhaps the only possible conclusion was that, it's just human nature. And that girl, she grew up as an ignorant. But it only takes one flip of a coin to change someone. Because love and hate are on both side of the same coin.

I'm afraid to say that girl's name is Hoshiko Yoru. And even more so to admit that she's me. A smart ignorant.

My meeting with my brother was but a short exchange of greetings. A hello and an I'll see you soon. A simple form of expressing our relationship as brother and sister that to a lot of people would look like an act mimicking those who are merely acquaintance. After telling me a few remarks, on how I've grown and changed over the years, he was gone as fast as he came. My brother was never a fan of crowds. He never really did approve of the mass media flooding outside our gate when I was young. Maybe that's why he chose to become an Underground Hero. Someone who stays in the dark to help people. His Quirk is a big help in the Underground. Black Out is what it was called. A Quirk that allows him to surround the vicinity with darkness that no amount of light can pass through. His Hero name is Black Circuit. Aizawa Sensei used to be his partner. The ultimate tag team. But my parents disapprove of him being an Underground Hero as much as my brother disapprove of them being Pro Heroes for the sake of title. My parents are hungry for power. Another human nature that I wanted to disintegrate.