XI. ICE COLD MEMOIRS

A lot of unexpected things keep happening to me. I didn't know if it is a sign, a good one or a bad one. But being surprise by unexpected things would one day give me a heart attack. Even when I was a child, I was never a fan of surprises. I despise the things I didn't know. Or maybe I was expecting something else that I keep being surprise by the things I didn't expect.

My brother was gone the moment my feet stepped out of the house's premise. It seems as if the wind carried him. Not even a trace was left where he stood. I couldn't blame him. Even I could no longer stay in a place with my parents. Maybe I already got use to it, to living on my own. Eating breakfast alone, not bound to act like a robot, answer every questions and be silence down when they've heard enough. It feels too suffocating.

I was walking down the sidewalks, a stick of colorful dumplings in hand when all of a sudden, I was pulled towards an alleyway. My initial reaction was to stay calm. Not to scream of course. Kidnappers would more likely to use force once the victim screamed. And besides, panicking would only make the situation worse.

So staying calm would be the best option. Not that I couldn't fight. If the assailant makes a suspicious move, I would be force to do so.