XXIII. THE BRIGHTEST STAR

Todoroki's POV

Once there was a girl who came into Class 1-A of the Hero Course and introduced herself in front of us, quite a bit awkwardly if I were to say so myself. That girl didn't take my interest at first, thinking that she's just like any other students who strive to become a Pro Hero. But time and time again, as we interacted with one another, I learned that girl was suffering from the same situation as myself. She is a product of quirk marriage, raised in a household where fame and glory is more important that friendship and family, taught that losing was never an option. I realized both of us have a lot of things in common more than I could ever comprehend.

Honestly, the notion that there is someone who shares the same situation as me made me happy. That there is someone who can understand me. And that someone will also want to walk away from the path laid down in front to create our own path where we can freely walk. Someone who will change the fate written for them and write their own destiny.

I found that someone. And I am very glad that someone is a girl I've started to like.

Maybe in the far future, that girl and I will become family. The far future where she and I will marry because of love and not because of the purpose of strengthening the next generation's quirk. We will never be like our parents. Our children will never be like us. We will teach them that bonds created through friendship is stronger than anything in this world. That it is alright to become a Hero because that's what they want and not because that's what we want. I will never be like my old man, I will never hurt the girl I love. Unlike what he did to my mother. He was the reason why she's like that. I will never ever do that to her.