Eight-Monday

I walked into the student lounge with Reggie and Moose after class, laughing as we did. "What are you making for dinner?" Reggie asked, grabbing my arms to stop me, as I furrowed my eyebrows together. "I was thinking of hamburgers, why?" "I'm coming over for dinner," he said while walking off. "I fucken guess!" I shouted while walking over to my friends, where I sat down beside Fangs.

     "What was that?" Betty asked, and I shrugged "Reggie invited himself over for dinner" "What are you making?" Archie asked, "Burgers" I replied with a cocked eyebrow. "I'm joining," he said while leaning back in his seat. "Of course you are" I mumbled while leaning back in the couch.

      I played with the ring on my finger, the one FP had given me, twirling it around while I tossed my feet up on the table. "Me too" I let out a groan while putting my hands on my face, "I was kidding" "No, you can, it's just, I need to know how many burgers I'm making" I replied and he snickered.

     "Yo, Caden!" I looked up to the doors, to see a girl I danced with "Whats up, Jess?" "Practice today, your place still?" "Uh shit, yeah that's fine, thanks for reminding me," I said smiling. "Competition is Thursday during school in the gym, Weatherbee said students can attend if they pay" I nodded "Thanks!" I shouted as she ran off.

       I looked over to Archie "I'm not cooking tonight" I said, making him frown, I chuckled before texting my brother and telling him the same thing. "You dance?" I heard Toni ask, and I turned my head towards her "Yeah, I have been for what seems like forever" "We were like 5 when you started" I chuckled at Betty's thoughts, "That's true" I said while leaning back. "We'll all be there, every single one of us, Caden," Archie said and I gave him a smile "Yeah because it's actually in our gym instead of two hours away" I replied, causing him to agree.

     When school ended, I had gone to my house where everyone met up and we practiced in my backyard where we had the freedom to do so before we decided it was good enough around 8:30 at night, so everyone left. I went and took a quick shower before texting Sweetpea,

        I put on a pair of red short shorts and the sweatshirt Moose got me, saying 'WORLDS OKAYEST SISTER' before putting my socks and converse on

        I put on a pair of red short shorts and the sweatshirt Moose got me, saying 'WORLDS OKAYEST SISTER' before putting my socks and converse on. I grabbed my purse before walking out my house and climbing in my truck, where I drove to Pops and went inside, quickly seeing Sweetpea sitting at the usual booth.

        I joined him, sitting across from him. "Well don't you look pretty" I chuckled "Shut up, Pea," I said as FP walked over. "Hey kids, what do you want?" "Can I get a burger and cheese fries? I'm about to die of starvation" he chuckled before Sweetpea ordered and walked to get our drinks.

      "How was practice?" "It was good, I'm tired though. We practice the rest of the week until Thursday where we'll practice one time before actually doing it in front of hundreds of people" "I'll be sure to be there" he said with a smile, making me smile back. FP brought our drinks and I grabbed his arm "Thursday I have a competition" "When?" "Starts at 2:30, we're last. There are only three schools last, they'll be booting one of us" I said, and he nodded "I'll make sure I'm there" he replied before walking away.

      I turned my attention to Sweetpea who was drinking from his cup. "I can't wait to see you dance," he said as I took a drink from my own, making me smile at him. "I hope it's good, everyone's really happy with it so far," I said while leaning back in my seat.

         "I'm sure you'll win" Sweetpea said as he grabbed my hand.