Step 13: Let Cool then Sprinkle a Dash of the Boy and Girl Before Baking

"Hi baby."

You can't help but roll your eyes, instantly recognizing the voice. The male who's voice belongs to, is standing too close to you for your comfort.

"For the last time, I am not your baby. Please stop calling me that." you say to him, as you walk away.

You wish for the umpteenth time that it was Jin who is here with you and not Jake who your mother has forced upon you.

Instead, a week ago, Jin told you that he wouldn't be able to make it to reach you in time. You sigh, missing him badly, having not seen him in a while.

"Aww, baby, you can deny it all you want, but your mother says that we getting married one day soon."

You roll your eyes once more and close your eyes in exasperation. You also decide to not say anything to further the argument that will ensue. It is only when he rests his hand on your waist that you actually do more than shut up.

You turn around to face and promptly slap him across the face.

Any normal man will be shocked which will give you the opportunity to push him away and skilter off to the crowds. But you underestimate Jake because instead of being shocked, he smiles and utters a word, "Feisty."

He proceeds to try to kiss you. Keyword being 'try'.

Because just before you realise your futile attempts warrant no change in his trajectory, he is suddenly pulled away from you which causes you to lose your balance and land on the floor.

You look up to see Jin and your mind just stops all thought. Only the following run through your mind:

-Jin is here.-

-He's looking so good-

-Jin is here-

-He's holding Jake up by the scruff of his collar-

-He looks like he's about to kill Jake-

-Jin is here.-

"Jin... baby you're really here?"

"Baby, of course I'm here. Now let me dispose of this creep first."

He basically manhandles Jake back into the party that you were attending, one of many endless soirees you are obligated to attend.

Jin disappears from your sight and you wonder if this is all a dream. So you get up and walk in, and you see that it is indeed Jin. And he is being flanked by all of the boys with SeJin as their chaperone and their boss Mr Bang Shihyuk helming the lead.

You stare at them dumbfounded, not only because of how good they look but they are really here.

"Boys..."

"Y/N-noona!"

"You're really here, all of you."

Sejin smiles warmly, "Yes we are all here. And one more person here to surprise you as well."

You feel a hand touch your arm, "Y/N, it's been a while."

"Kamin!"

Overwhelmed, because you haven't seen them in person for more than 2 years and your eyes sting and tear up. Kamin sees this, and she walks over to you giving you a tight hug, knowing that it has been a tough and stressful time.

Your father had passed away soon after you had arrived back home. You had been a match but it was too late for your father. There was an infection and the doctors couldn't do the transplant until there is no more infection. It didn't happen.