that's all, my friends.

make sure you read the epilogue before this!

This is going to be bittersweet. At last, we come to the end of this novel. 

Wow. What a freaking ride; and I couldn't have come to the end without all of your constant encouragement and support. I was on a plane to somewhere when the idea came to me; the idea for a chilling, modern dystopia, which I hope you thought was a different read to the YA dystopias you might be used to. This wasn't my first story on Wattpad, and I'm hoping it won't be the last, and honestly, I'm so thankful to have been able to share shiver with all of you, just as much as I'm both sad and elated this is already ending.

To those of you that have been here since the beginning; thank you for sticking with me, right to the very end.

To those of you who joined us halfway, or nearer to the conclusion on this story, thank you for letting me share my little world with you.

Thank you for all the love and all the feedback you've sent my way. I don't know how to adequately put my gratitude into words.

And boy, what a huge relief it is, to put the first draft of my brainchild behind me. I wrote this whole book without sitting down first and planning it thoroughly. I thought: psychotic mc, broken mc, two POVs, a 1984/We-esque dystopian world, snow, and boom: I went right into the first chapter. Lots of things have happened since then; lost of things that I most certainly did not expect.

It started off with 100 reads. Then 1k. Then 5k, and much later, 100k reads, 150k. I never expected Shiver, in this little corner of Wattpad, to ever get to where it is right now. We went to five thousand votes, and we're almost at 10k now- which is absolutely insane to me. And we got featured my Wattpad; I'm still not over that. But I can't take all the credit for Shiver's success, which is why I'm thanking you.

So now, I'm so happy to tell you that this first draft is now finished, and I intend to spend the remainder of my three months of summer planning out Shiver properly, tying up any loose ends and patching up all the plot holes, and thoroughly editing and revising the draft. And maybe, just maybe, if I get to the point where I'm happy with it, I might send it off to be published; and maybe a dream will finally come true.

I'm sure you all noticed that at the end of the epilogue, I mentioned something about this being book 1; because it is. After a whole lot of debate, I've decided to make Evanna and Vance the core of a duology, and hopefully it works out.

Whilst I'm editing Shiver off Wattpad, I'll most likely continue updating Run, and hopefully I'll open my graphic shop up again.

Lots of love,

Sarah x