Chapter 15

Long time, no post!  Sorry to everyone who has been waiting patiently - I have been spending most of my time on my newest book, True North, under my other Wattpad profile, but I owe you all a chapter here.  Much love, Kate.

The car trip seems to take an age.  Around us, the city sparkles, the beautiful glass buildings and elegant fountains reflecting a happiness I don’t feel.  My every cell cries out for the calm only Onrhi can give me.  As a beam of light strikes the car, mirrored by a silver geisha sculpture in a park, I realise that’s what Onrhi has become for me: light.  You can live without light, but it’s hard and horrible.

We pull up at his building and Sheb parks the hatch close to the door.  It’s an ordinary apartment complex, twenty stories high with wide windows and happy green plants spilling from the balconies.  In the foyer, beautiful paintings portray vast landscapes: a dessert scene, an island with white sand, a forest with twisted trees.  Of course he lives here.

Sheb and I enter the lift and ride up to the twelfth floor.  Piped pan music should be relaxing, but I find myself imagining pulling the speakers from the panel and smashing them violently.  I think I might be more stressed than I realise.

At Onrhi’s door, I knock lightly.  Sheb puts a ham-hand on my shoulder and the comfort his presence gives me is immeasurable. 

From inside the apartment, I hear, “Oh my God!  Onrhi’s boyfriend is here!”

“Wred’s not my boyfriend, Dad.”  Onrhi’s voice creates a twist in my stomach that burbles viciously. 

“Hush now, son.”  A third voice.  It moves close to the door.  “And Grieg, he doesn’t need to put a label on his relationship.”

Honestly, I’d forgotten Onrhi lived with his dads when he was in town.  I turn to Sheb with terrified eyes.  “You’ll be okay, girl.”

The door swings wide.  Two men stand on the other side, staring at me eagerly.  One of them is tall and distinguished, with smart silver hair.  The other is a little ball of energy, and his sandy blonde head tilts inquisitively at me.  “Ooo!  You’re pretty!  Isn’t he pretty, Shorn?”

“Yes, my love.  He’s a very attractive boy.”  Shorn’s eyes narrow and I know I need to speak now.

“Hello, Mr and Mr Freeman.  It’s nice to meet you.”  I use my deepest voice, but Grieg still sighs theatrically.

“Oh, what lovely manners!  And delicate hands!  My, you’re positively feminine, sweetness!  And this gorgeous black man must be…?”

I open my mouth, but nothing comes out.  Lucky Sheb’s brain is faster than mine.  “I’m Wred’s father, Braylin.”

“Braylin, put it there,” says Shorn, offering a strong hand out for Sheb to shake.  This feels like the weirdest way ever to meet the parents.

Grieg beckons.  “Come in, come in!  Mind the mess,” he says, indicating an immaculate living area.  The windows look out over the city, and a mahogany pleather lounge suite lies angled to take advantage of the view.

Onrhi sits on a recliner, his long legs stretched out in front of him, clad in soft blue fisherman pants.  I suspect he’s trying to look casual as we enter, but when he sees me, he leaps to his feet and we pause awkwardly.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

No one speaks.  Even the infatigable Grieg has fallen silent. 

Something soft moves between my legs.  Looking down, I see a white fluffy cat playing with the laces on my shoes.

“A Persian,” says Sheb, reverently.  He crouches and extends his hand to the feline, and it pushes its head into his fingers.  “The king of cats.”

“Cleo likes you!” exclaims Grieg.  “She doesn’t like anyone!”

“I have a very strong connection with cats, but my old girl just passed on a few months ago.”  I shoot Sheb a look: this is the first I’ve heard of him being a cat-lover and I can’t help but grin.  Sheb ignores me.  “In fact, I’m wondering if I can invite you and Shorn out for some cat chat.  I’d love to pick your brains about breeders in the city.  Is there a tea hut nearby?”

“Great idea, Braylin.”  Shorn nods at Onrhi and I.  “Let’s give the young people some space.  I am a platinum member at a cat café around the block, if you’re keen?”

“Sounds like heaven.”  Sheb doffs me on the back.  “See you in a few hours, son.”

“Thanks…  Dad.”

Grieg scoots over and gives me a quick hug.  “I’m so glad my son has found you,” he whispers.

“I’m glad he did too,” I answer honestly.

The parents exit and it’s just me and him.  “I like your place,” I start uncomfortably.

“It’s not mine,” Onrhi responds.  He moves to me and reaches for my hand.  “I’ve missed you so much.”

“Me too,” I say, falling into his arms.

“I’m so sorry-”

“No, I’m sorry.  I was scared.”

He tips my face back and his deep green eyes break me open.  “So, what’s changed?”

“Now, I’m terrified.  Also, I love you and I can’t live without you.”

The rest of the words can wait.  Onrhi closes the gap between us, drops his lips to mine and kisses me deeply.

I open my mouth and clutch the back of his head, drawing him deeper, wanting to taste him, consume him.  He moans in pleasure and lifts me up.  Wrapping my legs around his waist, I can feel his hardness pressing against me.  Ripping his shirt up and over his head, I make my intentions very clear.

Onrhi knows what I want and drops us down onto the handmade rug in the middle of the lounge floor.  I don’t want to waste time disrobing, so I shuck out of my baggy jeans and skimpy thong on my own.  Ohrhi dives on me, running his fingers down until they reach my core.  He tests the moisture there gently, then slips his index finger in and out while I pant and grind, willing him simultaneously to finish me and never stop.

When my orgasm quakes through me, I bite down hard on Onrhi’s neck, and his groans match mine.  As the tremors fade, I need him even more desperately.  I pull open his loose pants, finding him wonderfully naked underneath.  His erection springs free and I push him on to his back.  Climbing on, I lower myself down on his length as he squeezes his hands under my layered sports bras and tweaks my nipples.  The pleasure is extreme and I rock, feeling him move inside me.

When I open my eyes to make sure he’s enjoying this as much as me, Onrhi’s eyes bore into me, with nothing but love.  The intimacy pushes me to the next level and I contract my internal muscles around him.  Onrhi gasps and then bucks.  I can feel him spasm inside me and the sensation is delicious: the perfect combination of my pleasure and his.

I fall to his chest, exhausted and shaky.  We lie, intertwined and half-naked and for a few minutes, there are no problems.

Please take a quick moment to vote :)  And I hope I'll see you on some of my other book soon - xxoo Kate - aka Blondeanddangerous