Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After convincing Spencer that I didn't need him to walk me from his house to mine, I make my way home. Luckily, Spencer's house is far enough down the road that it is not visible from house, so my dad can't see me there.

So far, Spencer seems very cool, and nothing like what I've heard from the rumors. I find that very strange. I know most rumors are false, and most of them I don't believe. In this cases with so many of them circling around Spencer, at least some of them must be true, right?

At least most of the students have classes 7th hour and didn't see us leaving the school together. I would be in deep shit. My dad has connections with some people that work at the school, and if he found out, I would be dead.

As my house comes into view, I notice something strange. My dad's not home, again. This is the third day in a row that my dad hasn't been here, and it's starting to worry me. I'm more than happy that my dad is gone, believe me, but whenever this happens, he gets super angry when he gets back. It's always terrible, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. At least tonight I can clean up the house and finish my homework that Spencer interrupted me from.

I walk inside the house and take my shoes off at the door, then throw my bag in my room. I sit on my bed and pull out my phone from my bag. I should probably text my friends about Spencer..

August 23rd 3:10 pm

Me: Spencer just gave me a ride home.

I cut to the chase, not wanting to make this seem like a bigger deal then it was.

Ruby: WHAT!!! TELL ME EVERYTHING!

I laugh at Ruby's response. I figured she would say something along the lines of that.

Me: Spencer saw me in the library during 7th hour, and because we both have free blocks then, he offered to take me home

Nate: And your dad didn't flip out?

Me: He hasn't been home for the past few days

Ruby: What? Why didn't you tell us that?

Me: Sorry, I must have forgotten

Nate: And you're fine with staying by yourself?

Me: Yup, it's no big deal

Ruby: Are you sure?

Me: Yes, trust me I'm fine. I'm going to make dinner and do my homework. I'll talk to you guys later

Nate: Alright, have fun

Ruby: Byeee!

I turn off my phone and set it on my bedside table. The rest of the night consisted of cleaning, watching Netflix, doing my homework, and other things that I couldn't do with my dad home.

I went to bed at earlier than usual,  and woke up feeling as energized as ever. I threw on a white sweater with a black heart in the middle of it, and black skinny jeans. I had enough time to eat breakfast and still make it to school on time, so I ate a bowl of cereal.

When I walked to school I took a second glance at Spencer's house. His motorcycle sat in this driveway, and the lights in his house were off. It didn't surprise me that much though because Spencer really doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to get to school earlier than necessary.

Oh, that reminds me. I have to work on the movie project with Spencer today. That's going to be interesting.

By the time I got to school Ruby and Nate were already there, so we talked for a bit. Nate started telling us about how his day went yesterday. Unlike Ruby and I, Nate is a social butterfly, and loves to make new friends. Although a couple of weeks ago, when we finally were able to meet up, he told Ruby and I were his closest friends. We know more about his past life than anyone else.