Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"We're almost there Spencer, just a couple more steps." I muttered to Spencer, as we walked up the stairs. I try my hardest to stay strong, but it isn't working. The tears aren't stopping.

As soon as my dad stabbed Spencer, he was gone. He left the house limping and clutching his nose, but he still managed to leave. I didn't stop him. Spencer was on the floor with a my dad's pocket knife sticking out of his stomach. It's not like I could have anyway.

As soon as my dad got off of Spencer and left, and when I managed to hold a half smart thought, I ran to the emergency kit. There had been a couple of occasions where my dad stabbed me, or cut me deep, so I kind of knew what I was doing. I cleaned his wound, and patched it up to the best of my ability. Luckily, the wound wasn't life threatening, but it still was pretty painful. My dad stabbed Spencer with his pocket knife, and thank god the blade isn't that big.I asked Spencer if he wanted to go to a hospital more times than I can count, but he refused every time.

After I cleaned Spencer's wound, I gave him a bunch of pain medication, and we sat on the living room floor for a minute and thought about what our next move was. I knew that my dad was friends with half of the police department, and had a bunch of connections, so trying to get him arrested would have been pointless.

However, I know my dad will want to lay low for the next couple of weeks, so there is no way he will be coming back here any time soon.

We ended up agreeing that as soon as Spencer was feeling better, we would move all of my stuff out of my dad's house and into his. Spencer told me that he was more than fine with letting me live with him, and his mom wouldn't care if he explained to her the situation. Just- without the stabbing part.

So, now here we are, trying to walk up the stairs to get to my room. Spencer is obviously really sore, so it's difficult. I had wrapped Spencer's arm around me for balance, and we are walking as slow as turtles so he doesn't hurt himself anymore than he already has.

We make it up the stairs eventually, and up to my bedroom. I remove Spencer's arm from around me and gently set him down on the bed.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asks me.

I laugh. Like full out laugh. Is he for real?

"What?" Spencer asks me, obviously confused by my reaction to his question.

"You just got stabbed, after fighting my dad, and the first thing you worry about is me." I tell him.

He laughs. "What can I say, I care about you."

And all of a sudden, the mood changes completely. In a split second, his lips are on mine again, and all of the stress, sadness, and pain is washed away. Everything feels right.

After a few seconds, he breaks it off.

"Angel..?"

"Yes?"

"I know it's not romantic at all, and I wish I asked you during better circumstances, but, will you go out with me?"

If I would have been asked a couple of weeks ago how I planned on spending my junior year of high school, I would have said being alone working as a maid for my dad. Not being asked out by one of the hottest and nicest boys i've ever met.

"I would love to."

ooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

We spend the next hour laying in bed with each other, and exchanging kisses. After a while, we decide to continue our game of twenty questions. I ask Spencer about his parents, because he had said that his freshman year they fought all of the time.

Spencer told me that during his freshman year, his dad cheated on his mom with a chick he had met at a bar one night after work. Spencer's mom was pissed, and it caused many fights. Spencer told me that his parents fought for months, and after a while his mom told his dad she wanted a divorce. But because they were married, and Spencer's dad made a significant more amount of money then his mom did, he didn't want to give half of his money up. He began to act like a completely different person, and said he would change. Spencer's mom believed it, and they stayed together.

Spencer got so angry telling the story that he had to stop for a minute before continuing. He was angry at his mom for staying with his dad after everything he put her through. He was angry at his dad for doing something so low. Spencer knew that his dad was just a greedy self absorbed jerk, but his mom refused to believe it. She thought he actually wanted to stay with her, and that he was a good man who made a bad decision.

However one day last summer, Spencer came home from his part time job, and walked in on his dad cheating on his mom again, and with the same girl he met at the bar.

Apparently, after the day at the bar, the two stayed in touch, and had been having a secret affair ever since.

Spencer told his mom what he saw, and she filed for divorce right away. They moved to their new house in my neighborhood not soon after.

Before I got to know him, I would have figured that Spencer was a rebellious preppy teenager who didn't care about school, and had no idea how hard life really could be. But now that I've gotten to know him, I've realized that that's not the case at all.

Truth is, we're both a little broken.