Chapter 8

Chapter 8

My dad grabs me by the collar of my shirt, and practically throws me off of Spencer and onto the ground. My head slams against the floor, and I see stars.

"YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT. I TOLD YOU REPEATEDLY NOT TO TALK TO ANYONE, AND I COME HOME AND FIND YOU MAKING OUT WITH SOME GUY!" My father growls, and kicks me in the side.

The injuries from the last time he kicked me are far from fully healed, so it hurts even worse, and I groan out in pain. I turn my head to face my father, and like I suspected, he's been drinking. His eyes are bloodshot, and he's rocking on the balls of his feet. My father's eyebrows are so drawn in they are basically in a line, and his jaw is clenched. He's pissed. I'm not making it out alive.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Spencer shouts. I forgot for a second that he was even here. Spencer's facial expressions almost matched my fathers. Spencer rushes over to my dad and shoves him away from me. My dad, who was already stumbling around due to his drinking, falls to the ground.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" My father shouts as he stands back up. He walks over to Spencer and basically towers over him. Don't get me wrong, Spencer is six foot two, I asked him one day during class. However, I never met my grandparents, but they must have been giants considering my dad's six feet six. I strain my neck every time I look him in the eyes.

"I AM A VERY EASILY ANGERED PERSON WHO JUST WATCHED HIS CLOSEST FRIEND GET KICKED AROUND BY SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO CARE FOR HER. SO I DON'T SUGGEST TRYING TO PISS ME OFF ANYMORE THEN YOU ALREADY HAVE IF YOU WANT TO STILL BE ABLE TO WALK ON YOUR OWN TOMORROW." Spencer yells at my father, practically spitting in his face.

My father in response gets even closer to Spencer somehow, and growls. "Bring it on then, boy."

In a millisecond, Spencer's arm flys back, and swings. He punches my father in the face, and my father's head snaps to the side. My father glares daggers at Spencer, and tackles him to the ground. Spencer's head slams into the floor, and I almost scream. I hurry and get up from where I was frozen on the ground, but keep my distance for a little bit. I'm not going to let Spencer get hurt, but my dad is intoxicated, so i'm pretty sure he will be able to handle himself fine.

My dad begins trying to beat Spencer as he sits on top of him, but Spencer grabs his fist and pushes him up and off of himself. As my dad tries to get up off of the ground, Spencer gets on top of him and starts punching him. I hear the sickening crack as my father's head flies to the side from the force of Spencer, and I cringe. My stomach begins to tighten and it feels as if its being tied in a knot. I know my father deserves it, especially after the years of torment he put me through. But, something is telling me that this isn't right. He's still my father, no matter what he's done to me.

Spencer punches my dad once more, and then that's when I decide that he's had enough. My dad's lip is starting to bleed, and one look at his nose and you can tell that broken.

"Spencer!" I shout at him. He looks over at me with his arm back, about to swing. I can tell he's confused, I mean I would be too.

Just as I was about to tell Spencer that my dad looks beaten up enough, I see the glint of a silver blade in my dad's hand.

"Look out!" I try to warn Spencer, but it's too late. My dad plunges the knife into Spencer's stomach, and I feel my whole world start to crumple around me.