VEINTICUATRO

(before we start; the argentina vs france match will happen on july 4th

(before we start; the argentina vs france match will happen on july 4th. i know it doesn't really work out but it's fiction so bare with me, grazie!)

-

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE finally 9 months pregnant! That makes me so excited, I'm finally going to have a cousin! Wait, two cousins! I can't wait to spoil them and go shopping with my girl cousin. I'll be like their 4th mother, after you and your mom and my grandma," rambled on Dolores-Dolo for short, Paulo's niece.

Nita had developed a great friendship with Dolores, daughter of Paulo's older brother, Gustavo, over the course of 6 months when Paulo first introduced Nita to his whole family back when they all came to visit Paulo in Italy. By his whole family, it wasn't cousins or other relatives outside of his brothers, their children, and his mother. Though they were to fly out when Nita went to labour.

Nita was now 9 months pregnant which meant she could go into labour at any time in the next two weeks, preferably in two weeks, but anytime sooner wouldn't be too bad. Nita and Paulo both hoped that when they found out she would give birth in July, that it would be on the 15th of this month. Though it was the last day of the World Cup, and Argentina could possibly play then, them two were both born on November the 15th, and they wanted to keep that and make it a tradition.

Nita being 9 months pregnant also meant that it was time for her final checkup before she gave birth, and that was what she and Dolores were doing right now, waiting outside of the waiting room to be called on. Dolores and her family flew all the way from Córdoba to give Nita extra support while Paulo was gone, getting their asses beaten by Croatia but still managed to get through to Round of 16 while beating Nigeria.

Dolores' mother, Rommi, was also in Venice visiting her husband and Paulo's cousin, Giovanna, Nita's doctor she went to occasionally, and was the person who started this whole thing, the person behind the pregnant virgin concept, which media is still not letting go. Nita has gotten many offers on making a whole book about this situation and her life, though there would be nothing to write about, she was just a 20 year old virgin that was pregnant. Rommi, was also with her son, Dolores' twin, Lautaro.

"So, you know how my brother and I are twins? And you're going to have a boy and girl?" Dolo asked, causing Nita to nod and she continued. "Why don't you name them Dolores and Lautaro Jr? They're like the perfect Argentine names. Plus, if you have another boy, you can name him Paulo Dybala Jr! To go with the tradition," completely forgetting that they aren't together anymore.

"Sorry, those are probably too Argentine for your Italian liking. It's just that Paulo's ever been with only fully Argentine girls. Even the girl, Julieta, the girl everyone thinks he cheated on you with- the girl he cheated on you with," Dolo cut herself off from talking and mentally gasped.