vi. shooting star

C H A P T E R  S I X

SELENE WOKE UP TO PEOPLE YELLING to get up and come out of their tents. She grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around her cold body before walking outside. "Check it out!" Someone said pointing to the sky, Selene squinted her eyes and looked up to see a pod on fire coming down. "Holy shit... Bellamy! Get out here!" Selene yelled out. Bellamy came out of his tent, shirtless, Selene couldn't help but look at his muscular body. Bellamy caught Selene's gaze before Octavia spoke up pointing for him to see, this caused for Selene to redirect her attention to the sky.

"There!"

"They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass. Ha ha!" Jones called out as a crowd started forming behind Bellamy and Selene. 'Yeah's' were being called out from the people who woken up to see what the commotion was about.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

Selene looked to see who said that and saw who the girl was, and found her standing next to Bellamy fixing the blanket covering her, clearly, naked body. Another girl, also clearly naked under a blanket, standing next to her agreed, Selene let out a loud scoff at her statement. Both of them looked at Selene up and down with nasty looks.

"Really, shampoo? As nice as that sounds, you know what sounds even fucking better? Real weapons to defend ourselves with."

Everyone was excited that a pod came down, well not everyone-everyone except one person. Selene saw out of the corner of her eyes Bellamy look down and gulp. She turned towards him, "Hey, you alright? You don't look so good." Selene gently grabbed his wrist and stated sincerely with worry laced through her voice. Bellamy looked up and saw the worry in her eyes, but he gained his cockiness right back.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But you?.. You don't look so great Baby Girl." Bellamy smirked at her and she just shook her head, full of disappointment at him. Every time it seems like he's changed he goes right back to this selfish cocky dick.

"Huh. Good to know you can't not be an asshole for more than 2 minutes."

∅•.*∅•.*

"If it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake." Jones stated with his arms folded looking at, a now fully clothed Bellamy, Selene, Octavia, and two others. "We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia said. The group was trying to decide what to do about the whole pod situation. Everyone was filled with hope ready to go out and grab whatever the Ark scrapped up for us. That was until the oldest Blake ruined it.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy stated sternly making Selene squint her eyes and glare at him full of annoyance. Everyone except Octavia, Selene, and Bellamy left the tent not needing another word from their big badass leader.

"We need to go now, not wait until light. Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first?"

Selene stepped in front of Bellamy blocking his pass from trying to leave, Octavia followed suit and spoke up. "Bell, we should go now." He looked at the ground, refusing to look at the two. "I said we wait until sunrise."

"Whatever's in there you want it, don't you? What is it, huh?"

Bellamy said quiet just looking back and forth between the two girls. Selene stepped right up in his face, her warm breath faced his face, giving him a shiver and spend tingles down his spine.

"I'm going to need a damn good answer if you want me to stay put."

∅•.*∅•.*

Clarke and Finn just casually walked back into camp. Selene caught a quick glance at the two before jogging over to them. "Where have you both been? You know what never mind that doesn't matter. Did you guys see the pod?"