xiv. war is here

C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

BOTH RAVEN AND SELENE'S SCREAMS could be heard throughout all of camp. Selene got lucky, somehow the bullet just missed an artery and exited her leg; the bullet went through her leg and the floor. Her pants were pulled down to her knees, just enough so Clarke could take the beating red knife and close the wound, however she stretched her shirt down to cover her underwear since she felt uncomfortable in front of a room full of people sitting sort of exposed like that. Selene bite down on her finger and screamed in pain as the knife burned the skin. The smell of burning flesh made it's presence known in the air. Taking a clean damp clothe, with shakey hands, Selene placed it on her sizzling skin. Blondie muttered out a sorry before she moved over to Raven laying on the table, who was squeezing Finn's hand, and did the same thing, but to her side.

"That should stop the external bleeding."

"I don't understand. How did Murphy get a gun?" Bellamy looked at Selene and saw her looking at the floor with tears filling her eyes, refusing them to fall like usual. "Long story." Raven sounded out of breathe as she spoke, voice laced with pain. "We got lucky. If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead." Clarke questioned quickly, barely allowing Raven to finish her sentence. "Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build 100 bombs.. if we had any gunpowder left."

"Thank you Murphy." Selene scoffed and rolled her eyes as she got up, pulling her pants up with her, and moved over standing next to Bellamy. His eyes quickly flickered down to her movement but brought them back up and pointed at Lincoln's book. "Let's get back to the Reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" Finn and Clarke shared a look of worry before she turned and spoke, almost laced with fear.
"Not this enemy. We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option." Finn started getting impatient with the older boy. "There's no time for this. Can they walk or not?" Clarke looked over at Selene and opened her mouth to speak but she beat her to it.

"I swear to god Clarke. I don't care what you say, I'm fine."

Clarke rolled her eyes, knowing even if she said no to Selene she wouldn't listen so she directed her attention towards Raven. "No. We have to carry her."
Raven stared at the Blondie and Finn with a look of disgust and started getting up.

"The hell you will. I'm good to go."

"Hey, listen to me. That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?"
Raven nodded reluctantly and let out a barely audible 'yeah.' Finn started getting jumpy and impatient. "I'll get the stretcher." Bellamy furrowed his brows and spoke as Finn started walking away. "Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave." The brown haired boy turned around and came back to face the other boy.

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid."

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight." Bellamy walked closer to Finn and squared up right in his face. "All right, that's enough. The amount of testosterone in here is unbearable." Selene placed her hands on her hips as Clarke smacked her arm and the two boys looked back at her.

"It's time to go."

Clarke spoke and Bellamy turned towards her and directed his words at her. "If they follow? It's a hundred and twenty-mile walk to the ocean." Finn looked between the three standing and snapped at Bellamy. "Look, we're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay." Selene took a few steps closer and looked directly at Finn with a burning gaze and watched as he walked out, she didn't look at the Blake although she felt his eyes on her.