Mr.Pantene

Mr. Pantene

Denise's p.o.v

I stood there trying to hide my face as Jennifer tried to contain her laughter. Why him, seriously I thought I'd never have to see that obnoxious Starbucks guy again. I pulled the strings of my hood to try and cover my face better and stared at the ground. The sound of Jennifer and Uthra's laughter cut through my thoughts and I looked up at them. They were glancing at Starbucks boy and I as they laughed. I shook my head and groaned as I slowly walked out of the kitchen and away from the house. Somewhere along the walk to the exit I got lost and ended up by the lake. Seriously how many doors does a house need!

Looking around the lake I found a log near some trees and decided to hide there. Walking towards the stump I tripped over a root and fell on my face. "Okay fuck it, today can't get any worse." I huffed out while I lay on the ground. Getting up I saw a cooler filled with drinks. I grabbed a beer and headed back to my stump.

This must be the worst day of my life. First the damn dates with Uthra, then the freaking fight with Jennifer, and now the freaking Starbucks guy. I swear one more surprise and I will kill someone. What the hell was his name anyways? Taylor? Tyler? Tyson? Trevor? Or was it Tre-

"What's a pretty girl sitting all by herself doing here?" Said some random guy with nice hair. Like seriously it was like something straight out of a Pantene commercial. He stared at me waiting for a response but I didn't bother to answer. Seriously why do I always get stuck with the obnoxious jerks who think there all that? The guy just stood there and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Listen here buddy I am not in the mood so if you could go and like evaporate that would be great." He looked at me like I was some kind of challenge and smirked at me. Before he could utter a word I quickly said 'I like girls so could you please excuse me." I quickly got off of the stump and ran to the other side of the lake and hid again from another guy. I swear why can’t guys can’t take a hint I thought to myself as I took a sip out of my beer.

"Denise there you are! We've been looking for you." Jennifer screamed as she and Uthra walked towards me. "Why is he here? God I have to go! This is so screwed up!" I yelled back, getting up from the ground and walking towards them. They took my hand and guided me back to the house while passing Mr. Pantene who was standing by the cooler and talking to a guy with a beanie on his head. Jennifer went off to go do god knows what while I stood in a hallway with Uthra.

"Uthra, I'm sorry for what I said about Mohit. I won't ever like him but I'll at least accept him. I'll do anything to make it up to you." I told her truthfully.

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Then go talk to Trent." Uthra said trying not to laugh.

"You’re stupid. No way in hell am I going to talk to him." I told her while taking a sip from my drink.

Jennifer came back and whispered something in Uthra's ear. They both started grinning and stared at me. To say I was scared is an understatement.

"You did say anything." Uthra said eyes filled with hope.

"God I can't believe I'm doing this." I said while draining the rest of the contents in my bottle. "This is going to be some much fun!" I yelled sarcastically as I walked to where Starbucks boy stood. I quickly passed through the dance floor filled with drunken teenagers and squeezed through a group of people grinding and twerking. It was probably the most awful thing my eyes have ever seen.

Getting away from the huge crowd of hormonal teens I finally spotted Starbucks boy's back. Well it's now or never Denise we can do this. I walked up to him and stood beside him. "AHEM!" Okay so maybe that wasn't the best way to acknowledge my presence since he looks like I just scared him half to death but it’s not like I'm doing this for me, okay it's for my so called "Best Friends".