Shortcake and the Dipshit

Denise's p.o.v.

I walked down the empty halls heading towards our theater room. Today was probably the worst day yet, first I get detention at lunch because a stupid guy wouldn't stop talking to me during math, then Uthra complains about her and Mohit and now I'm going to be painting props for an hour. I swear today can't get any better! I thought sarcastically.

I took a sharp right into the back room of the theater and put my things near the entrance. Pulling my bag off my shoulders I saw a head of brown hair. "Hey Paula!" She abruptly stopped in her tracks and sharply turned around giving me a warm smile. "Do you know what I'm supposed to do since I probably missed Miss. Bolt's directions." I said giving her a guilty smile. She rolled her eyes then sighed, "You are working on props then they're going to call you to rehearse songs with Vivian."

"Seriously? This is not fair!"

"Karma's a bitch Denise." Paula chimed before walking away.

I let out a huff of air then walked towards the front of the stage where I found Ms. Bolt screaming like a madman. "Ms. Bolt?" Nothing. "Ms. Bolt!" Still nothing. "MS. BOLT!" I yelled. The room fell silent as the actors froze in their place and looked towards me.

"Uhh...Hi?" I said awkwardly waving towards the main cast on stage.

"Ms. Zalcouno what is it you want? It must be important since you made my entire cast go silent." Miss. Bolt said turning to face me.

I sheepishly smiled feeling a red tinge appear on my cheeks. "Well you see I just heard some interesting information in the back. Apparently I'm going to rehearse a song? I was not notified of this and I still refuse to go up on that stage." I said turning even redder glancing at the cast.

"Well Ms. Zalcouno there is one other spot open." She said flipping through her book. I beamed at her with a tiny amount of hope left. "Ah, yes here it is. You shall be a spoon!" My grin instantly vanished as I stared blankly at her. "A spoon. A spoon? Like a spoon that's going to be dancing and singing in the background?"

"Yes that kind of spoon darling, why else would we need actors for spoons?" Miss. Bolt questioned.

"I'd rather keep my part as Belle's understudy. That way I still have a 50% chance of not going up that stage." I said looking at everything but Ms. Bolt’s eyes.

"Good now go make some props. We'll call you when we need you. Oh and Denise! Listen to the song Little Town so you can sing along!"

I sighed and walked towards the back grabbing my phone and ear buds from my bag. Searching for the song Little Town I played it on repeat as I went to start helping out. I grabbed a can of gold spray paint and took one of the Beast busts and started spraying it gold. Humming along to the melody of the song I finished after thirty minutes.

"Denise!" Paula yelled walking towards me. "They need you on stage." She said smiling.

I sighed and walked through the curtains onto the stage. "Denise over here!" I turned to see Vivian calling me over and patting the bench she was sitting on. I took a seat beside her as she handed me a music sheet. Thanking her as I took the piece of paper happily.

Miss. Bolt stood upfront and spoke loud and clear. "I want you all to try your best and follow along. I assume you all listened to the music since I sent it to you a few days ago. Well besides the understudy's, you all just listened to it in the back I hope. Now I want the understudy's and the leads to sing together like you are one person then share your speaking lines. This is just a practice so it doesn't matter if you mess up or anything, I just want to hear you all sing like angels."