Chapter 3

Ivy
October 30, 11:51 a.m.

"Where is he?" My coach asks. "I guess he's not showing up?" I say, shrugging. She turns her head to the sound of the entrance door opening. Someone walks in and goes to them and talks to them.
I try to look over at the benches when a guy with brown hair and stunning blue eyes, with a red and white football jacket, skates onto the ice. Its the guy from the store. I dont know why, but I feel an angry vibe coming of from him.
He asks me rather roughly, "You're Ivy right?" I nod lightly and say kindly, "Yes. Ivy Maucauly." He smiles. It looks forced. "I never caught your name." I say. "What is it?" "Its Mark" He says.
"Cool! Ok-" I say and skate to the end of the rink. "So the pointy thing at the end of the blade is your skate is your toe pick right? So, I want you to skate over to here since I've seen some hockey players fall because of it."

(Authors Note: Don't actually quote me on this because I saw the movie "Cutting Edge" and that's what happened to the hockey dude)
He scoffs. "Thats easy." Cocky I see. He skates towards me, fast, and before you know it, he's flying through mid air for a quick second before landing face first onto the ice.
I gasp and rush towards him and crouch down."Are you ok?" I say. He lifts himself up sits on his butt. He glances at me and I notice he has a cut on his face, going from his nose to the bottom of his left eye.
He dabs at the cut to glance at the blood on his finger. "Oh my gosh do you need a band-aid?" I say slightly panicking. He growls under his breath and nods.
We get off the ice and he looks pretty upset. I put the band-aid on his face and say as kindly as I can, " Oh I'm so sorry, I told you to go slow. Not to be rude." He furrows his eyebrows and says in an angry voice, "Excuse me?"
I quickly say, " Not to be rude or anything!" He speaks again, " Well excuse me little skating queen, that I dont know anything."
I start to get angry and say, " Exucse me? I told you to go slower so you won't have an accident like that. And Skating Queen?! You know what? You should've stayed as a Hockey player."
He starts laughing. " How 'bout you go back to figure skating? Oh wait, you can't."
I go crazy and start screaming. " How about you GET OUT OF MY RINK! GET OUT!!" I turn around and get back onto the ice. Unbelieveable.

Mark
October 30, 11:05 a.m.

I sit down at the bench and take off my skates. Unbelieveable. I just wanted to show that I'm good enough to be a paired skater.
I wanted to show my ex-coach that I can be a good skater, ever since he said that i couldn't. He always thought I was the greatest, an that no one could top me.
After I retired, he hated everything I did. Even if it was a good thing. I told him I'd be doing paired skating and told me that the sport was for girls, and that he was ashamed. What he said made me angry and I wanted to show him he was wrong.
I put on my shoes on and start to feel a bit guilty. Maybe I shouldn't have flipped out on Ivy. She got really mad. I start to reach the exit doors when I hear music playing. I sneak up to the bleachers and see Ivy skating to the music.
I sit down and watch her. She jumps and spins and looks so graceful whilst doing it. I was so dazed, that I didn't notice the music stopped and she was looking at me.
She looked furious. Her coach sneaks up behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I jump and look at her. " I'm sorry I'll leave." I say picking up my bag next to me and she says, " I have no ill will but yeah, it'd be best. "
Ivy screams out from the ice, "Get the hell out!" I go down the bleachers and as I walk out, I see a flyer on the wall that says, " Monster Mash."