Chapter 10

Mark
December 28, 7:29 p.m.

  Ivy jumps up and down and says, "We did so good!!" I pant and put on my gaurds on my skates and reply, "I popped that last jump though." Ivy sucks her teeth. "Its only a show. Its not a competition." I sigh. "I guess.." "Omg! Its Ivy Maucauly and Mark Laurence!" A little girl says to her friend. She rushes up to me and asks for an autograph.
  I smile a the shy little girl and agree. She gives it to Ivy first gives it to Ivy to sign it and then she gives it to me. I stare at her graceful signature on the paper for a second then sign mines. I give it back to her then she makes a giddy little laugh and writes something small. She shows us what it was- a little heart between our names.
  I turn red like a tomato and as well a Ivy, as she laughs shyly. "Aww how cute!" The girl gives us both hugs and skips away. I look at Ivy and see she's looking at me too. We both turnred again and look away.

January 3rd, 1:42 p.m.

  I wait in a seat at a cafe and silently wait for Veronica to show up. My heart beats fast as anxiety looms over. I tell myself to calm down. Its just a break-up I say to myself. Nothing more. I see her walking over here and taking a seat. "Hey babe!" I sigh ans straighten up with a serious look. Her smile drops and asks me, "What's wrong?"
  "I know you have work and how you have to leave the country but-" I hesitate for a second. "I think we should split up." Her face looks like she wants to ask so many questions but she just looks down at my hands and says, "I-I understand." We sit there in silence and says witha shaky voice, "Did you call me here just for this?" "I'm sorry." I say gently.
  I look at her. She looks like she wants to cry but shes keeping it in. She finally stands up and rushes away. I feel bad but its for the best. I leave the cafe as well and processed what just happened. I see her at the bus station sitting down her face in her hands. I close my eyes and sigh at the sight if her.
    I want to go home but I have to go to the rink today. We're preparing for our second Grand Prix in Finland. Sooner or later I get to the rink and see Ivy sitting  on the rink wall looking down. I walk up to her and peer over her shoulder to see what shes doing. She's drawing a picture of a trail in a park, surrounded by trees and a lone bench sits in the middle.
  "What a beautiful drawing." I say, which makes her jump. More than I expected. "Jesus Mark! You scared me you creep!" I laugh at her. "Hello guys." Zara pats my shoulder which scares me and actually makes me scream. Ivy laughs and and says, "Karma!"