Chapter 9

Mark
December 25, 1:12 p.m.

  I glide onto the ice with a small bag behind my back. Its a present for Ivy- A cute silver necklace with a little skating pendant. I didn't know what she liked so I got her something iconic. "Hi Ivy." I say to her. She turns around and greets me with a warm smile. "Hey Mark! Merry Christmas!" She hugs me. She always catches mw by suprise and I blush. "Er I got you a present." I aay as I present her the bag.
  "Aww thank you so much!" She says cheerfully as she takes the bag and opens it. She gasps as she opens the satin navy box, concealing the necklace. "Its so beautiful! Thank you so much!" I smile. "Your welcome." She glances back up from the box to me and says, "Wait right here." She skates off the rink and it takes a minute or two when she comes back with a big paper bag. "The packaging's not pretty but I think you'll like it."
  I glance into the bag and pull out a Hockey Jersey from Jason O'Bryan when he played for the Pittsburg Praires in 2007. I gasp in shock. "Ivy!" I scream a bit too loud, but I didn't care. "How did you get this?!" "I know a guy who knows him." She smirks. I give her a big bear hug and thank her. Ivy turns a soft red.
  " Hello people!" Zara greets us wrapping her arms around our necks. "Hey Zara." I say. "Are we ready for the Christmas program?" She says excitedly hopping on her toe pick. "What program?" I say. Zara and Ivy look at each other then back at me. "There's this show the rink is doing. Its called 'Snowy Night'." Ivy says. I think for a second. "After Christmas?" "They had to delay it after Christmas because of a Hockey Game that also got delayed."
  "Cool!" I say. " Can't wait." Zara rubs her hands together. "Great! Lets start!" While we skate to an empty area of the rink, Ivy says, "Thank you."  "Thank you Ivy." I say back smiling. She giggles. "Your welcome."

Ivy
December 25, 5:30 p.m.

  "Hi Aunt Katitlyn!" I say as I open the door and see her. "Hi sweetie! How are you?" She says with a thick british accent. "Im good thanks! Your accent got so much thicker!" She smiles sweetly. "Well, living in the Englands got an effect on you!" Mom shows up and hugs Aunt Kaitlyn. Hours pass by and the house is packed with family members and friends.
  The doorbell rings again and I go open the door. "Oh! Hey Mark!" He greets me and gives me a hug. I shift my glance to a lady in her twenties, with short dark brown hair with a fringe and hazel eyes. "Oh, Ivy, this si my girlfriend Veronica. Veronica- Ivy." Mark says. "She wanted to come if you don't mind." " No! Of course not, come on in!" I smile.
  I notice as they walk by, Veronica looks at me with a grimace and walks on by. Wierd I thought. 4 or 5 hours later I throw myslf on the sofa and sigh. "Finally, the party's over. Im exhausted." I get ready for bed and fall into a deep slumber.