~1

Jayla's Pov

I walked into the ALDC with a huge grin plastered on my face. I walked to the front reception to see the one and only, Abby Lee Miller. Inside I was screaming but on the outside, I remained professional.

"You must be Jayla, when did your flight come in?"She immediately exclaimed. I looked up at my Mum as I was too excited to speak.

"Our flight landed just last night"My Mum replied. Abby then ushered for us to join the girls and the mothers in the dancer's den. My face suddenly went red in embarrassment. I have watched these girls on TV for years and now there in front of me.

"Girls, this is Jayla. Maddie is away this week so Jayla is filling in. If she stays is to be decided."Abby said looking at me. "I'm just gonna go and get the music ready for this week's assignments. Girls start stretching." Abby then left the room.

"Hi Jayla"Mackenzie said happily to me. "How old are you?"

"I'm 8" I replied still grinning.

"You're 8, that's a little young. I'm 10 and Maddie is 12. Nia is 14, Chloe is 14 and Kendall is 12."Mackenzie stated a little angrily. I stood there in shock.

"Look don't take this the wrong way Jayla, but how are you gonna fill in for Maddie when she is 12 and you're 8. All of us are more technical than you as we have had more training. You're probably just a recreational dancer"Kendall laughed. I took off my jacket to reveal my crop top and booty shorts. (See photo above for the outfit).

"Well Kendall, you may not see me as a threat now but honey, watch it on the dance floor" I snapped sassily as I barged through the other girls and straight into the studio.

"Well Miss Jayla, that's one loud outfit" I heard Nia say behind me. I whipped my head around fast. I was staring at her.

"I would rather stand out than fit in"I yelled. I whipped my head around making sure to show off my bright ginger hair which was tied up into one high ponytail. I then slid right down into my middle splits and began stretching. Next Chloe came in and just stared at me. She then began to chuckle.

"Anything you would like to say Chloe"I snapped still sitting in my middle splits.

"I guess you're the flexible dancer."She laughed.

"And what does that mean?"I said sliding down into my right front splits.

"Well, the flexible dancer has no technique and just relies on their tricks."Chloe replied angrily.

"Well, actually I'm a well-rounded dancer. I can do acro, ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap, musical theatre, lyrical contemporary and even ballroom. I also was undefeated in all my solos. Oh and Chloe, I watch the show, I know you suck at acro, you can also barely do hip hop. You're only really good at lyrical and contemporary dances."I replied calmly but still added in some sass. Chloe sighed. She then stormed out of the room back into the dancer's den. I continued to stretch for another 5 minutes until Abby walked through the door.

"Well Jayla, I'm glad to see you're the only one taking this seriously. I do recall me ten minutes ago saying for everyone to start stretching. While you are in here working hard there in the dancer's den talking."Abby said.

"Thank you, Miss Abby."I said happily.

"Girls, get in here for the pyramid."She yelled. I then watched her as she put up the pyramid. The faces were hidden but this pyramid looked really weird. It was a straight line with only one on the top. The other girls then ran into the studio.

"Girls, I'm disappointed in all of you. Jayla, the new girl, was sitting in here stretching while you were in there talking. I thought you were setting the example for Jayla, not Jayla setting the example for you."Abby yelled.

"But Abby"Jill began but then got interrupted by Abby.

"OH SHUT UP JILL NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU SPEAK"Abby screamed. "Ok time for the pyramid."

Here is how the pyramid looked:

Jayla

Maddie Chloe Kendall Nia Mackenzie

"At the bottom, we have Maddie, Chloe, Kendall, Nia and Mackenzie. Maddie is away but she won her solo last week. But Chloe, Kendall, Nia and Mackenzie you were all chatting while Jayla was working and that's why she is on the top."Abby exclaimed. I smiled from ear to ear while the other girls just looked at the floor.

"Ok now for this weeks assignments, there is no group dance. There is a solo for everyone. As we know Maddie is the best but she is away so I need to see who is gonna be the second best and so on. Nia has a jazz solo called Golden, Kendall has a jazz solo called The Girl I want to Be, Mackenzie has an acro jazz solo called I wanna Dance Forever, Chloe has a contemporary solo called whisper and Jayla has a lyrical solo called Dancing Doll. She will play the role of a doll that comes alive and shares a love for dance. Does everyone understand?"Abby said.

We all nodded. I could already tell this is gonna be a great week. I don't care if they all hate me because I know I'm a better dancer then all of them and I'm gonna prove it by winning this solo.