3

a/n
this chapter takes part throughout dinner ^•^ also i didn't proofread don't bash me

YOUR POV
i checked the time to see if alex was going to arrive soon. 1 hour left. i lost myself in thought looking at the clock tick and anticipating my boyfriend's arrival.

my daze was broken by the loud sound of ringing laughter from everyone around me. i shook off my thoughts and rejoined conversation.

"yeah, what is with that? why can't any of us read?" kwite said. brandon laughed in response as everyone nodded their heads in false 'intellectual agreement.'

"top 10 things science can't answer" i added on, receiving a resounding laugh from everyone.

our conversation was broken by our approaching waitress.
"would you guys like our dessert menu?"

diesel, the designated dude for waitress duty™ declined and asked for the bill.

as we waited, silence fell across the table, although the noise of others in the restaurant hung around. everyone pulled out their phones and engaged in small
discussion with those next to them.
i was at the end of the table with hyojin to my right and kwite to my left. hyojin was talking to niall, who was across from her, so i turned to talk to kwite.

"hey, super best friend." i said quietly.

"hey (y/n)."

"how's it slouchin?"

"never been better," he flashed me a grin. "did you know our hotel has a pool?"

"i didn't, but that is good to know."

"i was thinking maybe we should go late-night swimming if you haven't planned to sleep early?"

"sounds good! we need to catch up, it's been so long." i leaned my head on his shoulder. i felt his muscles tense beneath my weight, then relax. he let out a breathy laugh.

"ha, yeah."

i relaxed in the company of my best friends and closed my eyes. i thought of alex and one specific memory came into my mind.

[flashback mary]

it was when i had gone to visit him in mexico. we were mucking around playing fortnite and eating canned whip cream from a bowl. we were on a team with two random other players, and i had just died.

i was sitting, eating my whipped cream with a spoon. i hummed alone to the tune of a cupcakke song, until i felt an elbow softly stick in my side. i turned to alex, whose focus was completely on the screen in front of him.

confused, i went back to humming and dancing in the swivel chair, eating whipped cream. alex giggled and nudged me a little harder. i looked at him again, and he was still focusing on the game.

he's so cute when he's focused.
he's so cute when he's anything.

i sighed and tried to figure out what he wanted. he quickly hid in a bush before whispering
"give me whipped cream it is my power source." and turning back to his game.

he killed another player, and then opened his mouth and made a noise. i laughed at his childishness and gave him some of the whipped cream. he nodded and continued playing. this kept going until he was the last of two players.

then he died.

he turned around to me, pouting. so i giggled at him and dipped my finger in the whipped cream, following that by wiping it on the tip of his nose. he looked at me confused, before i leaned in and kissed his nose, getting rid of the cream.

i felt my cheeks heating up as i sat back in my chair, spinning around. i noticed his cheeks had deepened as well. he smiled at me and i laughed at him.

"you're so cute, y'know." he mumbled.

"what was that, honey?" i asked, grinning.

"i think i love you."

i stopped spinning in my chair at his words. i turned around to face him. was i hearing things? i thought i'd be the first to say it. the look of shock on my face received a look of worry from alex. he stood up out of his chair.

"oh my god why did i say that." he whispered to himself as he started walking away from me and toward his bed.

i jumped out of my seat and grabbed his hand, turning him around.

"y'know, i think i love you too."

he smiled at me like the happiest dork in the world. i grabbed his cheeks and pulled his face close to mine, sealing the moment with a sweet kiss. i pulled away and kissed his nose again, before he rested his forehead against my own.

"gEt yOurSelf A gAmerR giRL." he whispered, ruining the moment. i laughed and pushed him away from me.

"i hate you."

[fin]

i smiled to myself, remembering the first 'i love you' of many. my little daydream was interrupted by a cacophony of people yelling
"couple goals."

i opened my eyes to see a camera in my face, with ani behind it.

i laughed and pushed it away as everyone laughed at kwite's pink dusted cheeks at the comments.

KWITE POV
they all know how i feel about her. why can't they just shut up? she's gonna figure it out before i can ask her anything. i hope it goes well tonight when we hang out.

YOUR POV
i got up and stretched, before brandon exclaimed
"guys we gotta go get quackity he lands in like 20 minutes!"

we all rushed up to pay the bill and get back to the airport. excitement rushed through me.

i'd get to see alex again.