Vernon ~ Setup {ft. Mingyu}

"You know, (Y/N), I think you could really use a boyfriend," you cousin, Mingyu, said to you randomly.

You brought your head up from your phone. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, you're (your/age) years old. You should get some experience with boys."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, I know a guy who could use a girlfriend, and I'm pretty sure you'll like him. A lot," he added.

"Is it one of your bandmates?" you asked. You hoped it was. 

He shrugged. "You'll only find out if you let me take you to see him."

You sighed. "Okay, let's go!"

"Yay!"

~ ~ ~

You arrived at the Seventeen house.

"It is one of your bandmates! I knew it! Who is it?"

"You'll see, (Y/N). It's someone who I know you like."

Could it be... no way!

He took you inside and you said hi to the boys. A lot of them you had met before, but this was the first time you were meeting a few of them.

Mingyu cleared his throat. "VERNON!!!"

Yes, yes, yes!!! You could not believe that this was happening. Well actually, it's not like Vernon would like you anyway, so...

A door opened and a ridiculously handsome boy walked downstairs. Holy... he was so much more beautiful in real life.

"Oh, Mingyu, you're back!" he stopped in his tracks once he saw you.

I knew it. I just knew it! He thinks I'm ugly. I bet he's going to yell at Mingyu for thinking I'm actually in his league.

"Who's this?"

"This," he gestured to you, "Is my cousin, (Y/N)."

"Hello," you greeted respectfully but shyly.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you, (Y/N). You are..." he scratched the back of his neck, "Very pretty."

He said the last part quietly, but you and Mingyu both heard it.

Did he just call me pretty? Does he actually think that, or is he just sparing my feelings?

"Hey!" Mingyu shouted.

"What, Mingyu? I thought you were the one who wanted... you know..."

"Oh, that's right!" Mingyu waved his hand. "Haha, I forgot."

You all stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do next.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it! See ya later!" Mingyu ran off, tripping on air.

"So uhh, do you want to come up to my room?" Vernon asked.

Wow, room already? This is going pretty fast.

"Sure."

He led you up to his (and several other members') room. 

"Come sit on the bed," he patted next to him.

It was a bit awkward at first, considering both you and Vernon were both quite introverted.

"So uh, what's it like having Mingyu as your cousin?" Vernon asked.

"Well, it's really nice. We have a closer bond than most people have with their cousins. He's more like a big brother to me than a cousin, really," you responded.

"That sounds cool."

You nodded. 

"Who's your bias?" Vernon asked.

You hoped he wouldn't ask this question. You knew he would though.

You face became red. "Umm..."

Vernon remained quiet, waiting for an answer.

Please be me. Please be me. He hoped.

"You," you said quietly.

(A/N: sorry if Vernon is not your bias. he's my bias but don't worry your bias is going to be a different person throughout the book because I want every member to be included.)

"Really?" Vernon said.

You nodded shyly, blushing.

He tried his best to hide his pride and not get excited, but his smile was plastered on his face.

"Thank you," he smiled.

You smiled back, giggling.

"You know," he said quickly, making you look at him. "When Mingyu said he wanted me to meet his cousin, I didn't think much of it, but now I see why he wanted me to meet you."

You cocked your head, confused.

"Well, Mingyu said that he has someone he wants me to meet, who's really special to him. He said that I would umm... like you a lot. I'm not sure what he meant by that," he added the last part quickly, although he knew exactly what Mingyu meant by that.

"Really?" your heart fluttered.

Vernon nodded.

"Aww," you said quietly, turning your head.

Then, you saw eyes, a forehead, and hair sticking out from the door. The eyes went wide and the person suddenly disappeared.

You gasped. "KIM MINGYU!!!"

Mingyu ran at the speed of light downstairs, nearly falling down the stairs.

You huffed, sitting back down on Vernon's bed and crossing your arms over your chest.

Vernon giggled. "You're cute."

Your eyes sparkled. "Really?"

"Yeah, you're really cute."

You got all giggly and shy, hiding your face in your hands. Vernon laughed heartily, showing his wide s. 

The benefits of Kim Mingyu being your cousin.