Date

A few weeks later

With all the stress they had been through during the previous two months, Robin realised he had not actually done anything special for Regina in a while. Although he had been staying at home with her ever since she was discharged, she refused to leave the house or take care of herself more than the necessary. Regina spent most of her day in bed, only getting out to use the bathroom or spend some time with Robin in the living room.

Losing the baby had a devastating effect on her, even more than her encounter with Leo. She actually opened up to Robin about how her biggest wish is to become a mother, which made him understand that even after a heartbreak like this one, she was strong enough to fight for what she desired the most. Robin did not bring up the subject of a new baby, he knew that it was not what Regina wanted. Regina was grieving the baby, and even if she were to get a child, she would have wanted it to be the one she lost.

Robin silently entered their bedroom, in case she was asleep, only to find Regina staring blankly at the wall in front of her. He was going to take a leap of faith and ask her out on a date, something he was pretty sure she would turn down. However, Robin was willing to take this chance, if there was the slightest possibility of her agreeing to it. He laid down next to her, draping his arm over her waist and bringing her closer to him.

"Regina, I understand everything is confusing and overwhelming right now and I cannot imagine how hard this is on you. You need to understand that I am going to be here no matter what, but you have to help me, help you. I would like for you to go out with me tomorrow. I have made a reservation at a new restaurant and I want to spend the evening with my fiancée. Let me take you out," he said hopefully.

"I... I don't have anything fancy to wear..." she answered timidly after a while.
"If that is the only thing that is holding you back, consider it solved," he said, smiling.

Robin took his laptop and sat next to her, opening the first website with dresses he could understand how to operate. He might have been a doctor, but the whole online shopping thing was harder than delivering a child.

"How about this one?" he asked, pointing to a simple, yet elegant, black dress.
"Robin, I love it, but I cannot let you spend so much money on me," she tried to argue, but he managed to order it and tick the fast delivery box before she finished her sentence.
"Robin!" she scolded with a wide grin on her face.
Seeing her smile warmed up his heart, making him fall for her for the millionth time, and it made him, yet again, want to buy her every present she deserved.

The next day

Regina carefully stepped into the new dress and finished her hair and make-up. She had enough time and energy to step up her make-up game, but chose to put her hair in a simple ponytail.
She managed to hide all of the bruises left on her body and had enough concealer to cover up the dark circles under her eyes. She actually felt... beautiful. It had been more than half a decade since she felt this way.

She took one last look in the mirror and left the bedroom, only to find Robin asleep on the couch. Regina sneaked behind him and kissed his neck, slowly kneading his shoulders.
"Do you still want to take me out?" she asked smiling when he woke up.

Robin pulled up in front of the restaurant and helped Regina in, directing her towards their table. Once the waiter gave them the manu, Regina could feel her eyes growing wider as she read the prices. He had already spent so much money on her, she felt like she could not ask for anything more without feeling incredibly guilty.

She could feel his eyes on her, clearly understanding her problem, when he gingerly stepped in.
"Actually, I have a better idea," he said as he stood up and took her hand, leaving the restaurant behind.

They walked to the car, where she watched him pull out a blanket, a bottle of wine and a corkscrew.
"I may have forgotten the glasses, but we can handle this," he laughed.
Her smile grew even bigger as they entered the park next to the restaurant and she watched him straighten the blanket over the grass.
"Now, we can either get some hot dogs from that cart or order some pizza. What would you prefer?" he asked her before taking his seat on the blanket, cuddling her closer to him.