~Prologue~

"Nandini", Manik called her out, while she stood at the doorstep hesitating to go and get a unnecessary shower in the Mumbai rains.

" Nandini, come on! It's fun!", He called her again, while he ran a hand in his hair, looking all the bit drool worthy, and Nandini who was almost hypnotized with his eyes, walked to him.

They danced in the rain until his feet hurt, and his eyes got a tinge of red. Nandini huffed and wiped his hairs while he laughed his heart out watching her fret over him and care for him.

" I love you", three words marked the end of their rain, and she sealed the deal with a kiss over his warm forehead.

" I love you too", the twinkle in his eyes at her confession was her precious possession, and she knew she would do anything to keep it intact.

Eight years later:

Eight years later:

"Oh, wow! It's raining", Nandini joined Manik who was standing at the glass window pane, sipping his beer.

" Huh? Oh, yeah", her exclamation broke his reverie, and he raised his beer at her to acknowledge her.

"I thought Manik Malhotra loved rains", she probed again. She missed the easy banter between them, and the crazy laughs, and the tickling sessions.

He simply shrugged with a smile, his concentration still on the beer.

There were no 'I love you' exchanged this time. The sound of their beer glasses raising a toast sealed the deal.
Because apparently, things had changed.

Note: new story.
Anyone excited?

Well, it's a ten shot, basically exploring how easily we give up on love that could last a lifetime just like that. Lets see how does MaNan deals this time?