4. Reigniting flames?( present)

~You don't know what the other person is going through. Learn to be empathetic, and not judgemental~

Nandini tucked the last loose strand behind her ears, and wore her stone carved, small earrings, before taking a final glance at herself. She looked preety? She laughed at her own thoughts, when her mind again diverted to him.

Will Manik like her in this saree, again? Will he compliment her like he used to do? Tell her a thousand times how she had blown him away?

The first night of this reuinon for the diamond jubilee of SPACE was holding a lavish party at the banquet hall. Almost more than twenty previous batches of SPACE were attending it, and it was bound to be magnanimously luxurious. There were going to be a lot of people, Nandini thought, but like years before, this time it didn't bother her. She had overgrown her fear of crowds and now she knew how to rule as the queen. And since the dress code was Indo-western Casuals, she had draped herslef in a saree, the lightest shade of green, emobolished with fine pearl work. It had frills all over the border, and looked extremely beautiful on her. Tucking her hairs in a small bun behind her, letting some tendrils fall on her face, she looked an epitome of gorgeousness. And all this hardwork, she knew, in her mind, and heart, was for one particular person, and that one particular applause she was dying to hear.

 And all this hardwork, she knew, in her mind, and heart, was for one particular person, and that one particular applause she was dying to hear

But When she walked down the stairs, all her planning went into drain on watching the drop worthy sight in front of her. Manik stood, listening to what Kabir was animatedly speaking, dressed in a blue kurta, paired with white indian trousers. His hairs were messy, and it gave the impression like he had not put too much of an effort to get ready, and yet, he looked every bit of the handsome mess he was.

 His hairs were messy, and it gave the impression like he had not put too much of an effort to get ready, and yet, he looked every bit of the handsome mess he was

" Hey!", Nandini went to stand beside the boys, and Kabir acknowledged her with a smile.

"Hi! By God! How many have you dressed to kill today?", He aksed in awe and Nandini giggled, her peripheral vision at Manik who was standing quiet, listening the conversation.

" Just as many as I can", she fake blowed her painted nails, and Kabir laughed at her.

" It's amazing Nandini. This change in you, this aura of confidence, and knowing your worth. The past years and the foreign residence have been worth it for you", he praised genuinely, and Nandini accepted it with glory, and a smile, secretly waiting for Manik to atleast agree. But Manik stood silently, a agreeing smile on his face.