Midnight Garden

Nico straightened up taking my right hand in his left and putting his hand on my waist as my put my left hand on his right shoulder trying to keep down my blush. The song started and we danced accordingly him making small talk as we danced. 

"So, what was the reason you asked to dance, Princess (L/N)?" He asked staring at me with his intense eyes. Most who were dancing either stopped dancing or just stayed away but not me. No, I wanted to be closer. But I knew I couldn't.

"You looked lonely. Today is a happy night, everyone should be celebrating." I explained.

Said the girl with no enthusiasm, I thought.

He looked at me a moment narrowed his eyes just a bit but opened them again.

"I watched you as you watched me all night," he said. He watched me? I blushed. "Did you think I would not notice? You had been staring since I first came in as if trying to figure out who I was." He said only stopping to twirl me. "You conversed with Lady Piper who gave you information on me. Suiters throughout the night came to claim your hand but you shooed them away. Only keeping your eyes on me." He seemed to smirk at that. Only slightly. I blushed more. "So now I Get to tell my information one you."

"Go ahead." I urged him.

"Stop me if I am wrong but, You're unhappy with your engagement. You have not once gone and spent time with Leo since you stepped into this ballroom. You seemed relieved when you found him flirting with other women, not jealous at all. You may say he is a nice man and he would do anything for you but in reality, you don't truly love him. It seems your engagement is just a power arrangement to your Father." He nodded to my father and I looked. Apollo was still on his sun throne with Hephaestus at his side. He was staring at me as if daring me to make a move. 

"Correct," I said sadly and was twirled again.

"Your eyes. I can read them like an open book," He said.

"What do they tell you?" I asked mesmerized.

"You have just suffered a loss. A great one. Someone you think you could never live without. Probably the one you loved before Leo?" He guessed. I smiled.

"Guess again," I taunted. Nico's eyes glittered in amusement.

"A sibling or family member?" He asked.

"Family member" I answered I looked at Apollo.

"Your mother," He said making my eyes snap back to him. "She is not here tonight. Surely she would be here to wish her daughter well. Is that it? Your mother?" 

I nodded sadly, "3 years ago" I confirmed.

"How if you don't mind me asking." He asked. The song ended we just stood there staring into each other's eyes. I looked around seeing my mother's garden.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?" I started to walk away and he followed. 

We were outside now. The moon was full and the stars glistened. It was a beautiful night. The flowers of every kind made it even more beautiful. 

"Beautiful garden," Nico complimented. I smiled sadly not looking at him. "Is it yours?" He asked.

"No," I shook my head. "My mothers. Me and her would come here all the time to get away from Apollo. We would come here to plant flowers, or read, or even just talk about random nonsense." I said smiling sadly. I looked at him. "She got sick. Just out of the blue. I tried everything but...It was never enough..." 

"Apollo," He said. "You call your father Apollo. Never father, Why?" 

"I hate that man. He is not my father." I said glaring at Apollo through the window.

"You're a woman full of Anger and sadness," Nico said Walking closer to me. "If you're not careful that anger and sorrow could consume you." He warned.

"Like you?" I asked. He looked at me raising an eyebrow. 

I never noticed how handsome he looked in the moonlight until now. His normal raven hair looked grey, his mask glittered in the light like small stars. I melted in his gaze.

"Yes," He said. "like me."

There a was a call from the ballroom alerting guests it's almost time to go. Nico turned and was going to go but I caught his hand and he looked at me in surprise. I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"One more dance my Prince? Please, like you said I am unhappy with my engagement and This party is to celebrate that but it only reminds me of my right to love being stripped away." I spoke. "Please...just one more."

He looked like he was going to protest be he looked into my pleading eyes and sighed. 

"Only one." He said. I smiled and we danced there in the garden as I sang. [Song above.]

When I was done singing we were now chest to chest in the middle of the garden staring into each other's eyes. His obsidian staring into my (E/C). For a moment I felt as if nothing else mattered. I leaned in and so did he.

He kissed me on the cheek smiling.

"'Til next time Princess~," He said leaving me there in shock of what had just happened. I put a hand on my cheek and smiled. I was kissed by my love...

I walked to my room telling my servants I was retiring for the night and not to disturb me. I dressed in my nightgown and stared at my ceiling smiling. He said 'Til next time so that would mean he would come back right? I didn't care, as long as he came back soon I wouldn't care.

I was falling in love the way you fell asleep, Slowly then all at once.