Avengers Fair: Part 2

Clint and Sam didn't let Natasha and Peter forget what they had done. The rest of the night at the Tower, they complained and brought it up every chance they had. After the third hour, Natasha called them out and ever since, Peter was the one who received their ugly looks. He didn't care, though. It had been worth the risk of being impaled by an arrow just to see Clint covered in purple glitter and pink colour powder. Sam had managed to avoid the pink but hadn't escaped the green.

After Peter managed to sneak up on both of them, Natasha had made it clear how proud she was. She had bought him ice cream and promised more the next evening.

"You just wait until tomorrow when you come to my station, Stark," Sam warned, rubbing more green out of his hair. "You better watch your back."

"Why? Cause Redwing will follow me?" Peter taunted.

Natasha grinned and Sam glared at him before stalking off into the kitchen to find comfort food. Meanwhile, Clint continued to read with his hearing aids out.

At the sound of Peter's teasing, Pepper yelled out from her office down the hall.

"Peter? Go to bed."

A quick glance at the clock told him it was well past his curfew and he was lucky his mom wasn't coming out to scold him. He scrambled off the couch, bidding Natasha goodnight and waving wildly at Clint before hurrying down the hall to his room.

"Watch your back!" Sam yelled from behind him, mouth full of graham crackers.

Over his shoulder, Peter flipped him off and Sam screeched. Peter was in his room before Steve or Pepper could get mad at him.

* * * * *

The next day after school, they were split back up in their groups and told to start at the station to the left of the one they had last been at the day before. Peter tried to stay in the back during Wanda's station, his first stop, and Wanda left him alone. While Wanda happily gave everyone a short history on the tesseract, how she had gotten her powers, and what had happened in Sokovia, Peter fiddled with his phone and stayed out of the way.

As soon as the air horn blew, they were let off to their next station. While some of his classmates were excited to see who was next, Peter was less than thrilled to see Sam and Rhodey waiting for them. With a little luck, Rhodey would leave him be and protect him from Sam, but if the way they were grinning at him was any indication, his luck was running low.

"Welcome, everyone," Sam greeted, waving them closer to the table.

They gathered around and Sam introduced himself then allowed Rhodey to introduce himself.

"We're going to be creating plans for some sort of flight vessel," Sam explained, "As you know, I have wings and Rhodey has a fancy Iron Man suit. We want you to create a design in twenty minutes then we'll call on some of you to present it. Best one wins."

When Sam stepped aside, the whole group surged forward and grabbed pieces of paper to begin sketching out designs. Some students paired up, but Peter stayed by himself.

After making sure no one was paying attention to him, he walked up to Rhodey and tapped on his arm.

"Is the prize good?" he asked. Rhodey nodded enthusiastically. "So I want to win?"

"You want to win," Rhodey promised. "Trust me."

Peter did. He immediately began sketching out a quick idea that he and his dad had created a few days earlier and was finished right as Sam and Rhodey called for their attention. When the time came, he eagerly volunteered to present his idea.

The few other presentations didn't take long and when they'd finally finished, Rhodey announced Peter was their winner. Beside him, Sam was grinning widely.

"Of course Penis wins," Flash mumbled as Peter walked up to Rhodey to collect his prize. Rhodey directed him to Sam who had something behind his back.

"Congratulations, kid," Sam said.

He smirked and Peter suddenly felt the urge to dart. Before he could escape though, Redwing was dumping blue slime on his head.

Peter gasped, closing his eyes as the blue crawled down his head and shoulders, covering him everywhere. His classmates burst into laughter, Flash's laugh the loudest. Peter glared at Sam then pointed accusingly at Rhodey.

"You said I wanted to win!" he said.

Rhodey was too busy laughing to reply, so Peter ignored him in favour of wiping some of the slime off his face. As the air horn blew and the students were dismissed, Peter lunged towards Sam and rubbed the remains of blue slime wherever he could reach.

"Hey! Get off me!" Sam protested, trying to pull Peter off.

Peter wasn't leaving, though. He pulled slime from his hair and rubbed it into Sam's before Natasha and Wanda came running over to separate them.

"You're the worst uncle ever," Peter told Sam, glaring at him from beside Natasha. "At least give me a towel to clean up."

Sam burst into more laughter and rather than helping Peter, Wanda and Natasha shared a smile as well. Grumbling, Peter rolled his eyes and attempted to get rid of the slime himself until Steve came over.

"We're supposed to pretend we don't know him," Steve reminded the team. Handing Peter a rag, he helped him clean off the slime as best he could then turned to scold the team. "We don't want anyone finding out he's related to us or knows us."

"Fine, fine," Sam said, sighing and muttering a fake apology to Peter.

From beside Steve, Peter mocked him quietly and Tony sent him to the car. At least day two hadn't ended in a public scandal.

To be continued...