Chapter 4

First experiment?

What does that mean?

Does it mean I'll get out of here?

My thoughts got interrupted by a heavy grip on my shoulder. I didn't even blink before I found myself getting swung around and suddenly hit by something hard on my head that blacked me out.

I woke up with the same bad headache. My surroundings had changed. I was lying in a different room. I tried to stand up but realized my hands were handcuffed. What is this place?

Suddenly, a loud mechanic sound startled me. Eight different gates around me started opening. From each gate, a blindfolded person stepped out like a hostage.

What's happening?

I didn't feel good about this. I was literally at the center of all this. I felt like something bad was gonna happen.

"Yoo Jeongyeon"

A deep voice echoed out of nowhere. I looked around in panic, but the voice didn't seem to come from one of the people around me.

It's gonna be okay. Stay strong Jeongyeon, you got this.

"Who are you?!" I shouted bravely.

"......"

Damn, this silence again. You need to sound braver.

"What do you want from me?!"
I tried to stand up with all my strength, but suddenly, I got shocked with electricity that made me collapse on the ground in pain.

"You need to stay calm"

"What the fuck is this?"

The electricity was coming from some kind of electronic collar that I was wearing. When did I wear this? I was so pissed off that I forcefully stood up again aggressively, but the electricity shot through me again with even more power, which made me fall again and yelp intensely. My neck was in pain. I couldn't do anything against it. There was no point in trying.

"Yoo Jeongyeon. Don't make me repeat myself"

"Who the fuck are you?"

"I am in charge of taking care of you"

"Taking care? Pfft sure, I feel really safe here"

"Listen Jeongyeon. You need to obey every single order I give you. This is very important, and you must go through all of this without complaining" the voice kept echoing inside the room.

I looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"What is all this? Why am I here?"

"You're here to save human's lives"

"What?"

"....."

"Jeongyeon."

"You won't understand this, but you have a very rare mental disease that's never been seen before, even worse than the people you're seeing in front of you. You somehow have a connection with these people and we're here to do experiments on you. You're the only person in the world that has to go through this. I'm sorry"

As soon as the unknown voice finished talking; guards started entering the room. The guards headed towards one of the blindfolded people and grabbed them. I noticed that the people had handcuffs too. The guards led the person closer and then pushed the person towards me on the ground. I was staring at the person in front of me confusingly. The guards then left and suddenly, all the light was turned off.