Chasing Her [1]

[A/N] So here's the first chapter. I'm really confident that this story will be one that will almost never ever ever go on hold! Which is pretty awesome, considering all of my other stories aren't be updated. Anyways, enjoy!  

Chasing Her - Chapter One 

Hazel Smithe 

I stood outside in our front yard, staring up at the house that we left about a year ago. It felt so good to be back. There were so many things that I missed about this town; the icecream shop, going on runs or bike rides with my friends, living close to so many family members and friends.  

"Hazel, come help your brothers with all these boxes." My mother shouted from somewhere in the yard. I sighed and walked over to the moving van, only to be bombarded with several boxes.  

"Can you guys help me a little? I can't carry eight boxes at once." I complained to Oliver and Alden. The just laughed and shook their heads. I guess I'll just have to make three trips.. I picked up the three lightest boxes and slowly made my way towards the house. Luckily, the door was already open so I wouldn't have to set down any boxes.  

Climbing up the wooden steps I took a deep breath, inhaling the aroma of vanilla and pine trees. Memories from my childhood flooded my brain, most of them consisting of me chasing my brothers around the house. My brain stopped on one memory in particular though.. Images of my best friends and I watching movies, making jokes and talking about our crushes flashed past my eyes.  

"Hazel? Are you there?" Alden's voice called, bringing me back to reality. 

"Yeah. Sorry.." I said, seeing that I was blocking his path to his room. I quickly made my way up the steps and took a left. After passing two doors, I stopped in front of the last door in this hallway, my room. I slowly opened the door and was greeted by cool vanilla scented air. Surprisingly, all of my furniture was already in the room and placed exactly where I wanted it. The first thing you saw was my bed, the mattress bare and calling out for some sheets. On the wall to the left was two doors, one leading to a bathroom and the other leading to my closet. In between the doors hanging up on the mint green wall was a giant picture frame holding a photograph of my friends and I sitting around a campfire. On the wall to the right was a bookshelf along with my dresser.  

I set down my boxes, giving my arms a rest and began unpacking. I filled my dresser to the top with all of my jeans, shirts, shorts, and lingerie. I finished carrying all of the boxes up to my room, and within a few hours it looked as though I never left. My bed was now covered in light pink sheets, the shelves of my bookshelf filled up with picture frames, books, and other decorations.  

I flopped down onto to my bed, extremely tired and ready for a nap. I curled up to one of my pillows and within seconds was carried off to sleep. In the distance I heard someone mumbling my name and felt something soft repeatedly hit my back.  

"What do you want?" I muttered into my pillows knowing that whoever it was probably couldn't hear me.  

"Get up!" This time the voice was clear and I recognized it as my brother Alden. "Dinner's ready."

Slowly, I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs, the smell of spaghetti wafting around my nose. My stomach growled and my wolf stirred. She was dying for something to eat. I pushed through the white swinging door and stepped into the dinning room to see everyone but my father and Oliver sitting at the table. I looked at my mother, her eyes full of worry.  

"Where's dad and Oliver?" I questioned, causing Alden's head to snap up from his plate.  

"We were informed that a small group of roques was spotted at our southern border so the went to check it out." Alden answered before my mother had a chance to say a word. A frown appeared on my face. It was our first day back and I wouldn't get to see my father. You see when we moved away it was only my brothers and I who left because our mother said that it would be a good idea for us to take a break. Plus, since my father is the Alpha of our pack, we couldn't all just leave.