Chasing Her [17]

• Dedicated to WrittenKitten.Net!

[A/N]: Finally, chapter seventeen! I'm so excited that I finally got this written out, and it wouldn't have been finished with out the help of writtenkitten.net :) There's just something about cats that makes me want to write. 

I've just decided to call the fans of this story the Chasers! ♥ ahahah.

Chasing Her - Chapter Seventeen

Oliver Smithe 

Sitting at the kitchen counter, I glanced over at the clock to see it was nearing nine p.m., but Hazel and Brian weren't back yet. An uneasy feeling settled in my stomach and I prayed to god nothing was wrong. Hoping that it was just my protective older brother instincts making me feel this way, I dialed Hazel's phone number and drummed my fingers nervously on the counter as I waited for her to answer. 

After what felt like an eternity, she finally picked up the phone but her voice wasn't the one I heard coming through the speakers.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd call," His deep voice rang out through my ears. I heard a muffled sound coming from the background, almost like someone was trying to talk but their mouth was blocked. I assumed someone was there for their was some shuffling before he spoke again, sounding like he was talking to someone in the background. "Shut up!" 

"What the fuck do you want, Matthew?" I spat in disgust, my grip tightening on my phone. 

"I want a lot of things, but.." He trailed off. "I've already got the thing I want the most." 

"Oh, yeah? What would that be?" I questioned, already regretting letting the words pour from my mouth. I knew I wouldn't like his answer at all, and when he spoke, my suspicions were confirmed. 

"Hazel." He paused for a second, as if giving that information time to sink into my brain. My mind went on overdrive, conjuring up thousands of reasons as to why he would want my sister. "You may want to check on Brian before you come looking for her though.." 

"I swear to God, if you lay a hand on her-" 

"Now, now, Oliver. You may want to calm down and listen to me before you attempt to threaten me." He cut me off, chuckling slightly. As he was talking, I grabbed the keys to my truck and made my way outside. The gravel crunched under my feet and my heart was running a million miles a minute. I hopped into my truck and soon I was on my way towards the cafe where Hazel and Brian were last. "Oh, hold on," I heard shuffling come through the speakers. "Your dear sister wishes to talk to you." 

"Oliver! Oh my god, Oliver.." Her voice sounded tired and scratchy, like she had been screaming for a while. "He's deranged, you have to-" 

"That's enough talking, now shut up." Matthew said and I heard Hazel screams before it became muffled once again. I slammed my foot harder on the pedal, desperately trying to reach the cafe. I reached it in about fifteen minutes and jumped out. 

"Matthew, I'm serious, what the fuck do you want?" I growled out, feeling my wolf trying to break free. He was pacing back and forth inside my mind, wishing that he could rip Matthew apart already. I knew my eyes had darkened to the point where you couldn't tell the pupil from iris. 

"I already ready told you, Oliver." He replied, his voice lowering an octave and sounding a bit creepy. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you sister too much.." 

Before I had the chance to curse him out, the line went dead and I was slightly glad that I wouldn't have to listen to that maniac any longer. I couldn't come up with a logical solution as to why he'd want my sister, except for wanting rule over our pack.