Chasing Her [16]

[A/N]: Ah, chapter sixteen! Four more chapters until Chapter Twenty.. o.O I was thinking about having a contest, but what would I have it about? Anywhoo, enjoy!

DEDICATED TO STEPHANIEWEBSTER FOR THE AWESOME COVER.

Chasing Her - Chapter Sixteen

Hazel Smithe

As soon as I was done singing We Are In Love by Cider Sky, I hopped off the stage, ready to kill Lisa. I swear to god she will pay for that! I didn't even want to sing, but because it was a song I really liked I just couldn't resist. I guess the fact that Brian and I were locked in eye contact the whole time helped too..  

"Lisa, I'm seriously going to strangle you for that." I growled out at her smirking face. She just shrugged and skipped towards where Brian was seated. I slowly trailed behind her, plopping down in the only available seat, which just so happened to be right next to Brian. 

"You did good." He smiled as I sat down. I smiled back, thanking him. We fell into a comfortable silence and before I knew it, the talent show was over. 

'I'll leave you a lover boy alone.' Lisa mouthed to me as she walked outside with Rachel in tow. I rolled my eyes at her and looked up at Brian. His cool grey eyes were so mesmerizing and it felt like we stared into eachother's eyes for hours before finally looking away. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again." He asked, breaking the silence. I looked at him and smiled, of course I'd go. 

"I'd love to." I replied, getting him to smile back. With that, I said goodbye and made my way to my car where my friends were waiting. I unlocked the doors and hopped in, Rachel sitting in the back and Lisa getting shotgun. Lisa smiled knowingly at me and I sent her a confused look. "What?" 

"You've got a date with your mate girl, aren't you excited!?" Lisa exclaimed, bursting my eardrums. I cringed and started the car.

"It's not a date, we're just hanging out." I told her but she just rolled her eyes. 

"No, it's a date and we're helping you get ready!" I groaned, smacking my forehead. Knowing Lisa she'd probably force me into a dress or a skirt, which would be way too fancy for drinking coffee and then walking around a park. "So what time is he picking you up?

"Around five." I said, glancing at the clock on my car radio. It read three twenty-nine, giving me an hour and a half to get ready. "We're just going to Anna's Love and then a park." 

"Oh, that little coffee shop?" Rachel joined in. "That's a really cute cafe. I've always wanted to go." 

"A coffee shop is no place for a date!" Lisa complained. "I seriously need to teach that boy a thing or two about women. But you're not getting off the hook, I'm still going to find a way to make you look so hot that coffee won't be the only thing he's going to want to taste." 

"Ew, Lisa!" I shouted, pressing one hand over my ear. "I don't need to listen to that." 

"Whatever, I'm still going to work my magic." She said, turning up the volume of my radio. Fumbling around with the station buttons, Lisa landed on one that was playing some new song and belted out the lyrics. Rachel and I laughed, joining her. 

Within minutes we arrived at my house and I was being shoved into my room for the second time today. Lisa pushed me down onto the bed before rummaging through my closet. She threw top after top in a pile the floor before finally finding the shirt she wanted. 

"Ah-hah!" She shouted in victory, marching over to me. She handed me the shirt along with a pair of jeans before dragging me to the bathroom. "Put those on."