Chapter Five

(A/N: Before we begin, a few words:

It's already summer. I know. Almost halfway through the first half. I'm well aware. I'm also well aware that I haven't updated ANY of my three books in the past while. I've been...preoccupied, let's just say that. I'm sorry. I really am. And I owe every one of you an apology.

I start high school next year. I'm temporarily putting everything on hold for now. One more chapter before I put literally everything except school and camp on hold. I need to get a grip on my life. Oh, wait, I don't have one.

Well, now I need to get one, apparently.

So, again, I am truly sorry, and if you want someone reliable, someone who can rely on themselves, too, choose a different author. Choose a different story. Choose someone who matters. Because I clearly need to get a hold on myself.

Find someone who can trust themselves to do what needs to get done.

-Alli)

Elizabeth Rogers

Hours later, Natasha, Wanda and I were finally lugging bags and bags of newly-bought clothing into my apartment. Steve stood in the doorway in shock.

"Did you buy out the entire mall or something?" He wondered aloud as Natasha returned to the car for yet another trip.

"I would assume so," I laughed, dropping off the bags I was carrying. "This is definitely more clothing than I've ever owned in my entire life," I added. "I so need more clothing space."

"Well, for now you'll have to keep most of your stuff in bags. We can go out sometime in the near future to buy paints, decorations, and furniture for your room. Any ideas of what you want yet?" Steve asked.

"Some of that Stark technology would be nice," I smirked. "Oh, maybe a bed, dresser, shelves, books..."

"IKEA!" Natasha yelled as she re-entered the apartment.

"One, keep your voice down, there are other people that live here too, and two, what's Ikea?" My dad questioned the overexcited redhead.

"Oh, just a place that holds over half the universe in its pristine, white walls..." Natasha smirked. "Furniture. And everything else. You can buy your entire room there. Your entire house, actually. Maybe you should modernize it... oh, wait."

"Romanoff," Steve sighed. "Stop making stupid jokes like that. They aren't funny."

"Yeah, they are," she giggled. "And we're watching a movie or something now. Maximoff, suggestions?"

The second woman shrugged. "Thought this was your area of expertise, not mine. Choose something."

"OH MY GOD LIZ, can I call you that, by the way, YOU HAVEN'T READ HARRY POTTER HOLY SHI-"

"Language," Steve warned, "and keep your voice down, what did I tell you?"

"Told you," Natasha said smugly as Wanda cracked up.

"What's Harry Potter?" I asked carefully.

"Oh, nothing. Just the GREATEST SERIES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!"

"NATASHA ROMANOFF WHAT DID I SAY!"

"Sorry, Cap." She didn't look it, though.

"How about Lord of the Rings?" Wanda suggested. "No-"

"Doctor Who!" The two girls chorused.

"Yes! We'll start with the newer ones, Eccleston's a good place to start." Natasha announced. "Cap, you're watching with us. We're at least getting through the first four episodes tonight."

"But Netflix-"

"Wanda, honey, who cares about Netflix when you have access to Tony Stark's collection?" Nat cut her off.

"True. So we're going to the tower, then?"

"Yup," the Russian replied, popping the "p". "'Cuz then we can watch it on the massive screen."

"So, everyone, back in Natasha's car!" The Sokovian said excitedly. Rogers, you're coming. Ooh, Avengers movie night? Please?"

Natasha grinned. "Oh, hell yes."

"Wait, so what are we watching again?" Clint asked from his spot on one of Tony's black leather couches in the "home" theater, though it was nearly the same size as a regular one, but with more comfortable seats.

"Doctor Who," Natasha answered. Clint groaned.

"Not again," He complained. "We've watched it so many times in the past year that I could probably recite the entire first season by heart!"

"You know you love it," Natasha smirked as she turned on the massive TV. "Plus, the old people haven't seen it yet." She gestured to Steve, Bucky, and me, the three of us sitting in the best seats in the center of a raised platform in the middle of the room.

"Just be warned," Sam Wilson piped up, "you're gonna think that these effects are horrifically realistic, but just wait until we get to more recent movies and things."

Effects? What? "What's he talking about?" I whispered to Steve, who shrugged.

"No idea. You?" He turned to Bucky, who shook his head as well.

"If we ask, we'll sound like imbeciles," He whispered to me over my father. "Best not to, I guess."

"Okay, okay. I got it," Natasha announced once she had finally hooked up the speakers correctly. "Let's go."