Glossary - Updating (4A)

In this chapter, I will update all the unfamiliar words.

Prologue

Harmonica

The harmonica, also known as a mouth organ, is a free reed wind instrument used worldwide in many musical genres, notably in blues, American folk music, classical music, jazz, country, and rock and roll. A harmonica is played by using the mouth to direct air into or out of holes along a mouthpiece.

 A harmonica is played by using the mouth to direct air into or out of holes along a mouthpiece

One - Part A

Oriental Furniture

It is a type of furniture that originated in the continent of Asia. Sometimes people also think of Asian furniture as a style of furniture that has Asian accents. Southeast Asian furniture are usually dark brown in color with a lot of Hindu-influence carving. Some may have Polynesian accents such as those from eastern parts of Indonesia.

 Some may have Polynesian accents such as those from eastern parts of Indonesia

Bungalow

A bungalow is a type of building, originally developed in the Bengal region in South Asia. The term originated in India, deriving from the Hindi word "बंगला" (baṅgala), meaning "Bengali" and used elliptically for a "house in the Bengal style". This Asian architectural form and design originated in the countryside of Bengal region in South Asia. Such houses were traditionally small, of one story and detached, and had a wide veranda.

Mahanidhi

The word literally means "Great treasure house". The history of the mansion is closely knit with the Agnihotri family and its secrets. So, the name was an appropriate choice.

The tradition of naming houses orginated in Britain where they named castles and manors.

Cantilevered

A platform or roof supported only on one side. The other side hangs in the air.

Ganesha

Ganesha is a Hindu God who is worshipped first in all Hindu prayers. In India, people often place his idol in the entrance to ward off negativity and welcome positive vibes into their homes.