The Story Behind the Pen

Dear Readers,

Thank you for reading this story.

Here, I will share with you how Pursuit started and how it came together.

Pursuit was supposed to be a fan fiction for an Indian TV show. However, by the time I drafted my first three chapters, the show went off air. That was about the the time I joined Wattpad. Seeing such a vibrant community of writers and readers, I wanted to write a fiction with original characters. Since I had the plot ready, I used it with some changes for originality.

I have never written in this genre before. That intimidated me since the start, and the feeling has only gotten stronger upon completion. The only author in this genre I have read is Lee Child. I just love Jack Reacher in the few books I have read.

The two houses in this story, Aashayein and Mahanidhi play an important role along with the characters. Choosing these name took time. I wanted them to reflect the personality of its dwellers. Aashayein, meaning desires or dreams, suited for the simple and happy family of Layana, Ankush and Aakriti. They had their own dreams to succeed. However, Mahanidhi, meaning great treasure, is an exact opposite. It is a treasure chest of deceit, betrayal, killings and hidden motives.

I have already save a chapter for the characters. But there was one character that jumped out all of a sudden and took shape in pivotal role. That is Siddhant Arora. While drafting this story, I only had Ayaan finding Layana's will and Aakriti's diary to put the two and two together. While writing, I found Siddhant just out of the frame while he had the potential to be the connector between the past and present.

Who ever said "writing a story is difficult" is completely wrong. I can especially vouch for it after this. Writing the first draft is difficult. But editing and rewriting the first cut is easier because you already know the potholes in the plot and untied strings left to hang in the draft. I will get to the proper version of it mostly in December 2018. So if you are reading it before then, pardon the issues. If you spot any typos, please comment against them inline. I will correct them quickly.

That's it for the story behind the pen. I am going to update my other two tales often since I am done with this mammoth project.

Lastly, a big hug to -Nynaeve  Divyab22 essenceofreading nasri789 Phoenix2794 for reading, voting and commenting on each chapter. Your votes and comments are what made me complete this tale.  🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

See you with a new story!

Cheers
Sharon