Epilogue

TWO MONTHS LATER

"You get everything packed?"

I glanced up from the suitcase I'd been struggling to zip closed. A smile tugged at my lips.

Dylan's tall, lean frame in my doorway never got old. The way he looked now, in jeans and a polo shirt, dark hair falling over his face and that knowing look in his eyes, would probably be branded on my mind as long as I lived.

"I think so. Thanks for offering to drive us to the airport."

He crossed the space between us, the door drifting closed behind him as he leveled me with a wry look. "My girlfriend's moving across the country. You really think I'd have it any other way?"

His gaze caught on something behind me. He lifted the little wooden bridge off the empty shelf. "Tell me you're not leaving this behind."

"Hell no." I took it from him, setting it carefully on top of my luggage. "I didn't want to check it in my bag in case it breaks. It's coming on the plane with me."

I turned to look around the empty room.

"You OK?" he murmured.

"Yeah. Hard to believe school's over."

"I'm sure Ava will remind you every day how glad she is," Dylan replied, his mouth curving in the half-smile that got me every time. "Have to say, it's been a good year. Changing schools, I wasn't sure what to expect. But I had a hell of a welcoming committee."

My heart kicked in my chest as I remembered my birthday party. The shock of seeing him again after so long, and my unpredictable response to him.

As if sensing my reaction, Dylan pulled me into his arms.

"I didn't mean to kiss you that night," I murmured.

"Technically I kissed you." His eyes danced on mine.

"Technically, I asked you to," I amended.

"Technically...I need to have you once more in this room before we go." His smooth voice turned into a groan as his hands smoothed down my back to grab my ass.

"There are no sheets on the bed," I whispered.

His slow, smug grin had me wet. "We've been doing this for months, smart girl. Since when do we need a bed?"

Dylan's touch roamed my body, lighting fires everywhere. I opened under him, kissing him back with the extra desperation that came from knowing I wouldn't see him for another month.

Even though we had a plan for visiting each other while he was in school and I was in New York, it wouldn't be easy.

Fortunately, I knew how to go after what I wanted.

And Dylan...

Dylan wouldn't be denied.

Without moving his mouth from mine, he pulled my skirt up. His fingers dug into my thighs and I moaned. "Harder."

He complied and I could have purred. I wanted him to mark me. Wanted to see him on my skin for days. Weeks.

My fingers played with the edge of his hair until I couldn't take it. I stroked down his chest, his hard abs, struggling with his belt and jeans until he pushed my clumsy hands away.

"Relax. I've got you," he murmured in my ear.

There was zero hope of relaxing. But in less than a minute, the guy I loved more than anything was inside me, filling me.