Chapter 17

I was frozen meanwhile she still had a deadly grip on my arm

I turned away from her cold glare, and I tried to shake her off, "Let me go Lucia," her grip on my arm tightened even more as soon as she heard how calm and collected I sounded.

"Why should I?" she asked teasing me, "What will you do if I don't?"

My patience was wearing thin and the coolness in my voice was starting to be replaced by frustration, "What does it matter what I do at all, I'm not going to hurt you just to have you let me go."

"Is that so?" her eyes narrowed a fraction of an inch.

She started to pull me by the arm, her nails digging into my skin.

"Where are you taking me?" I gasped out in pain.

She didn't answer me and kept pulling at me, dragging me to wherever it was that she was taking me to.

I tried to dig my heels into the marble floors, but I just ended up scraping the floor or sliding.

Then she took me in the direction of the french doors leading to the backyard.

Why is she taking me to the backyard?

And that was when it hit me.

She kicked my legs and my knees gave way, refusing to work.

She pinned me down on my back, right at the edge of the pool.

"I knew, that with everyone busy with the party, no one would notice that you where gone," her voice was smooth as she took out a knife from under her dress.

I pushed against her, trying to get her off me, but she was too heavy. I looked around, praying someone would help me, but no one was within my visual range.

"Why are you doing this?" I yelled at her, but she stuffed a rag in my mouth to keep me from making a sound.

"Shh, you don't want to be heard, now do you," she cooed. She polished the knife with her dress.

Then suddenly, I had no time to react, she hit me on my left temple with the knife handle.

My vision went blurry, and she abandoned the knife to wrap both of her hands around my throat.

As I gasped for air, she chuckled and said, "I wonder how desperate he was to have someone like you nearly replace me, I wonder how willing you were to believe that all he said was true."

She laughed cruelly, but I had enough anger to roll us over, right at the edge of the pool.

Now I was pinning her as I took the rag out of my mouth, "If you think he loves me, You are wrong. And you are also wrong to even believe in the slightest bit, that I have feelings for him because I don't-"