Chapter 4.

Three Nights Later
Keith sat down in his cell, cradling the little mass wrapped in a blanket that Remos gave him. The other guard gave him a box, to fit the kitten in as a coffin or even a grave. He even handed Keith a pen to write the cub's name and such on the lid.

Keith was more than grateful for this. Since the miscarriage had happened early on in his pregnancy and he didn't know the gender, he didn't have an exact name. However, when he had started being tortured, he came up with one working name to refer to the kitten as, good for both a boy or a girl.

So, when he was given the box with the pen, he wrote down the name first, in perfect Altean.

Jaji

Then the other information, also in Altean, in case the others saw.

Parents: Keith Kogane, Lance McClain

Keith barely held back the tears as he wrote Lance's name on his cub—their cub's, grave.

Death: Day 436 of being in space

Keith had been counting every day to the minute after finding the Blue Lion. He was glad it actually came in handy.

Cause of Death: .         .  .

Keith let the tears fall then. Wondering if he should be descriptive, or stay general. He decided to cross it out.

Keith sighed at the memory and placed the bundle back in the box, and shakily putting the lid back on it. All he could think about was what could his life have looked like, had he carried this kitten to term?

Keith heard Madvos coming in and hid the box under his "bed", the last thing he needed was for his cub's grave and body taken away.

Madvos: So, are you ready to talk now?

Keith didn't respond, he hadn't made a peep since Remos found out about the kitten.

Madvos: Silent treatment won't do you any good, Galra. If I were you I would open your mouth or else—

Keith: Or else what?

Madvos: Excuse me?

Keith looked up at him, his ears were down, his eyes squinted and filled with tears, scars covering his body with messy, bloodstained fur. The look in Keith's eyes seemed to bore into Madvos's soul.

Keith: Or else, what? What can you do to me now? That cub was the only thing I had left. They were the only thing I had to live for, the whole reason why I wanted to keep going... So what then? What else can you do to hurt me? What more can you take away from me?

Madvos was silent. And unbeknownst to them, Pidge was listening to the conversation through a hidden radio she set up inside the previous day, deciding to get the information herself.

The more the Green Paladin listened to the conversation, the more speechless she became. Cub? What cub? What were they talking about?

Madvos: That was to teach you a lesson about insubordination.

Keith: I don't work for you, I'm your prisoner. But you realize that you just threw away your golden blackmail chip. I've officially lost my will to live because of what you did to my cub... get it? You can't force me to do anything now. Because I have nothing left to live for.